Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gal Nitzan 50 posts 164 karma points
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 15:04
    Gal Nitzan

Null reference for all document types after upgrade to 6.2.1

Hi,

I get the following NPE while clicking on any document type node (settings tab) after upgrading to 6.2.1. the error itself doesn't give any info...

Everything is working well, no problems on the site.

Please help!!!

the error: 2014-08-01 12:34:44,187 [11] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 48] An unhandled exception occurred System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericProperty.UpdateInterface() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.HttpContext.InvokeCancellableCallback(WaitCallback callback, Object state) at System.Web.UI.Page.LegacyAsyncPageBeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object extraData) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 15:18
    Niels Lynggaard

I've recently had some ysod problems under document types after an upgrade (to 6.1.6) and it turned out that it was a problem caused by cmsTemplate table in the database not beeing properly updated. It turned out that parentid should be NULL instead of 0, since 0 gave a null-reference..

However, my error was not the same as yours, so I'm not sure that this is your problem.

• Gal Nitzan 50 posts 164 karma points
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 18:47
    Gal Nitzan

Thanks Niels but its not that, my parent is null!

Thanks,

Gal.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft