Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Michael Koch 24 posts 96 karma points
    Aug 03, 2014 @ 18:01
    Thomas Michael Koch

Cannot upload multiple files in Umbraco 7.1.4

When I try to upload images into a Media folder via the Backoffice, the operation fails. I try to use the built-in upload functionality. It does work PDF files though.

When I look in Chrome it reports HTTP code 500 for the following URL:

/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Media/PostAddFile

Chrome reports:

{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"No MediaType matching the passed in Alias: 'Image' was found","ExceptionType":"System.Exception","StackTrace":"   at Umbraco.Core.Services.MediaService.FindMediaTypeByAlias(String mediaTypeAlias)\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.Services.MediaService.CreateMedia(String name, Int32 parentId, String mediaTypeAlias, Int32 userId)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Editors.MediaController.<PostAddFile>d__a.MoveNext()"}

Can anyone help?

Kind regards

Thomas

• Avraham Kahana 22 posts 56 karma points
    Apr 26, 2015 @ 15:34
    Avraham Kahana

Having the same issue here... Solutions ?

• Thomas Michael Koch 24 posts 96 karma points
    Apr 26, 2015 @ 16:43
    Thomas Michael Koch

Hi Avraham - I have upgraded my umbraco solution to one of the 7.2.x versions. The problem is not present there.

Kind regards

Thomas

• Avraham Kahana 22 posts 56 karma points
    Apr 26, 2015 @ 16:48
    Avraham Kahana

Thanks Thomas. I tried deleting my post here (but can't find how), I also added a new thread on the same topic just to delete it afterwards... my issue here was I sending the mediaTypeAlias surrounded by " " ... Eventually I got stuck with another problem, still in trying to add media...

But I found a solution and updated the respective thread. Thanks for updating here.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft