Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lothar 25 posts 99 karma points
    Aug 08, 2014 @ 12:04
    lothar

Umbraco 7 - Editing stylesheet max lines

We have a stylesheet that's around 10.000 lines and whenever we want to change that stylesheet in the backoffice we've got the following error:

Stylesheet not saved: Please make sure that you have permissions set correctly

I've double checked the permissions and that's all in order. We noticed that we can save the stylesheet when it has less lines, 4861 to be exactly. When we add 1 more line to it gives the error above.

We can still edit the css in another editor, but I wonder why this issue occurs in the backoffice?

• Amalie Wowern 144 posts 273 karma points c-trib
    Aug 08, 2014 @ 13:40
    Amalie Wowern

It's sounds like a bug. Maybe you should report it?

What version of Umbraco are you using

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Aug 27, 2014 @ 16:54
    Charles Afford

lothar, have you tried saving it with just one line?. Have you checked the logs?

Charlie :)

• Marvin Varela 14 posts 35 karma points
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 23:32
    Marvin Varela

Hi, were you ever able to figure out the issue? I am having the same issue in Umbraco 7.2.1 and I would be interested in a solution if you found it.

Thanks!

• Huy 3 posts 53 karma points
    May 13, 2015 @ 10:29
    Huy

My simple solution for this 'headache' issue is you edit your stylesheet file in an editor (e.g sublime text, notepadd++), and save it. It will show on the Admin UI later. It worked for me.

• Marvin Varela 14 posts 35 karma points
    May 13, 2015 @ 19:21
    Marvin Varela

Yes, I guess this is only a problem if the person in question does not have file access to the server and Umbraco is the only way they have to update this. If that is the case, then it is probably a good idea to change that and get file access instead of dealing with this issue, so that the files can be uploaded through FTP or a similar mechanism.

In the end that is what we did.

• William Charlton 171 posts 218 karma points
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 17:04
    William Charlton

I have the same problem. I am using bootstrap and would like the styles to be replicated in the editor. The simple way would be to add in the Settings/EditorStyle CSS (or whatever name you use for the associated style sheet). I tried that and got the Stylesheet not saved: Please make sure that you have permissions set correctly message. So I added it manually using NotePad++. It worked fine for a while, then Umbraco somehow deleted the addition.

Oddly it kept all my custom styles added below the /* EDITOR PROPERTIES - PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS LINE TO AVOID DUPLICATE PROPERTIES */ line.

The Bootstrap I added was (minified) all on one line so it isn't a line-count problem, more a content size problem? I've tried it a few times and haven't worked out what triggers the delete. I'm running Umb 7.2.8

• William Charlton 171 posts 218 karma points
    Aug 21, 2015 @ 17:10
    William Charlton

I should have added that the auto-deletion also deleted my custom styles above the /*EDITOR PROPERTIES ...*/ whilst leaving those added through the "Create" route. Which is a REAL pain. Note: These above-the-line custom styles save and stay saved fine, as long as I don't try to add the whole bootstrap CSS.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft