Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ulla Skaanning 67 posts 97 karma points
    Nov 25, 2009 @ 18:42
    Ulla Skaanning

Cannot uninstall ANY runway packages?

Hi

I'm running umbraco v 4.0.2.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.3441.17657 on my site (ulsje.dk). I initially installed it with Runway but only the Runway Contact form package.

Along the way I've had some problems that (hopefully) turned out to be caused by the permission settings on my webhotel, but I fear that this has something to do with the problems I'm experiencing now.

When I tried to install Runway Gallery It seems to have made a doublet installation (this was prior to solving the permissions problem, as was the installation of the contact form)?

And now I'm not able to uninstall either of the Runway packages, not the Gallery or the Runway Contact form?

There seems to be some Macros that will not be removed or something, so it just doesn't uninstall when I press 'uninstall'.

The really big issue is that I would like to uninstall them so I can reinstall them, now that I've fixed the permission problems (hopefully)-

The packages are not working at the moment, most likely because they were installed, while all the data could not be written/executed because of the permission settings.

Can anybody help me, I would really like to make these work.

/Cheers

Ulla :)

• Fredrik 41 posts 161 karma points
    Nov 26, 2009 @ 10:15
    Fredrik

You could always remove the package manually. Just delete the files from the packages you want out from there :)

Fredrik

Nov 26, 2009 @ 19:16
    Ulla Skaanning

Hi Fredrik

Thanks for your reply :D

That sounds great, although I'm not completely sure about how to do this?

I can see the files under installed packages on the server, but there must be other files as well?

Is there anywhere I can get instructions on what to delete to manually remove the packages? (sorry I'm a bit helpless, but I'm quite new to this side of Umbraco ;) )

/Cheers 

Ulla :)

• Fredrik 41 posts 161 karma points
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 14:29
    Fredrik

Just right click and choose delete on the files inside Umbraco that is related to Runway.

There will be document types called Runway Text Page and Runway Homepage, runway.css, the content and runway templates. I don't think there is more in the normal Runway Starter kit. The gallery and Contact Form got XSLT and Macro that you delete manually aswell.

Hope this helps,

Fredrik (:

Nov 28, 2009 @ 20:33
    Ulla Skaanning

Hi Fredrik

I've managed to get rid of all I needed. And the reinstall even worked as well, so all is good :)

Thank you so much for your help ;)

//Cheers

Ulla

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft