Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• asper 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 01, 2009 @ 20:36
    asper

umbraco.content.Instance.XmlContent ambigious

I'm using Windows XP with VS 2010 beta 2 and get an error:

Error 1 'XmlContent' is ambiguous because multiple kinds of members with this name exist in class 'umbraco.content'. \site\usercontrol.ascx.vb

code:

Dim umbracoContent As XmlDocument = umbraco.content

.Instance.XmlContent

Am i missing something?

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 02, 2009 @ 10:47
    Morten Bock

It might be a clash with the static (obsolete) property umbraco.content.xmlContent since VB is not case sensitive.

But this is just a guess.

• asper 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 06, 2009 @ 14:50
    asper

So this function would be useless in vb.net? I understand xmlContent is obsolete. But XmlContent with a capitial X not. It would be nice to have obsolete functions other naming conventions (as example with underscore or something like that), because vb.n4et does not work out for a solution like this?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Dec 06, 2009 @ 16:18
    Lee Kelleher

Hi asper,

Are you referencing the "XmlContent" property anywhere else ... as in apart from using "Instance.XmlContent"? ... or even another reference to "umbraco.content" that is causing this ambiguity?

Would you mind providing a bigger code snippet? So that we can get a better understanding of the context?

Thanks, Lee.

• Simon Osborne 108 posts 150 karma points
    Feb 24, 2012 @ 22:03
    Simon Osborne

I'm coming up against the same "umbraco.content.Instance.XmlContent ambigious" error in my VB custom section. The case sensitivity issue seems to be the issue. Is there a solution?

Thanks, Simon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft