Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• p 6 posts 54 karma points
    Oct 17, 2014 @ 14:00
    p

Workaround for known user permission bug?

Hi,

One of our client is experiencing some problems with user permissions and I was wondering if there are any known workarounds?

The problem is as follows and has also been reported as an bugreport: 

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5656

Repro:

1. Create a new user
    2. Under "User permissions" go to the newly create user, "Select pages to modify their permissions" and click on "Startpage" beneath "Content". Select permissions and click on "Save".
    3. The ajax loader just loads undefinitely and in Chrome in dev tools I receive this error message:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) http://mysite.com/umbraco/users/PermissionsHandler.asmx/SaveNodePermissions

Any suggestions / workarounds are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

/P

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 17, 2014 @ 14:10
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I advised you to go here to explain what you're trying to actually accomplish by setting permissions so for example:

I want to give my news editors access to the whole tree of the website but they should only be allowed to perform publish actions on the news items, nowhere else.

Nov 14, 2014 @ 15:07
    p

Here's the clients exakt words (google translate)

Hi Having problems with updating user rights in Umbraco .

The following figure shows examples of the rights that are selected : [ cid : [email protected] ]

What happens is that it stands and cords in the following mode , after pressing save : [ cid : [email protected] ]

I work mostly in Chrome, has also been tested in IE, but run into the same problem there. We have the following version of Umbraco : " Umbraco v6.1.6 ( Assembly version : 1.0.5021.24867 ) " . I run into this when I update user rights for major cuts out the website. We have users who are administrators at the club level ( in Umbraco : Home - Our Club - Regions - the club ) , they are quick to update rights . But when it comes to the regional level, or further up in the ' Content Tree ' is the only and chewing . Have waited 2h some times again without result.

However, it seems that the rights in some cases updated even if it never loads clear. Am not sure but some of the users have functioned as desired , even if the rights are not charging done. 

Nov 20, 2014 @ 11:08
    p

Hi, just bumping this one up since our client still is experiencing issues with the permission settings and would like to have this fixed. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

/P 

• Bjørn Fridal 274 posts 784 karma points
    Apr 09, 2015 @ 16:23
    Bjørn Fridal

Hi,

A client of mine had the same issue just now. Our workaround was not to check off Content at all, but only pages under Content.

Cheers
    Bjørn 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft