Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Oct 20, 2014 @ 13:45
    shinsuke nakayama

Tag Group doesn't seems to be working on Umbraco 7.1.8

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue where when i enter a record in Tag Group, it gets a value from different group with the same tag name

To replicate, I have created 2 types of Tag Group in the Data Type, Lets say "Film" and "News" and i have 2 Document Type, lets call it "Film Doc Type" and "News Doc Type"

First i created a page using "News Doc Type", and enter a Tag call "Movie" This created a record in cmsTag and cmsTagRelationship table.

Then i created a new page using "Film Doc type", and entered a tags call "Comedy", and "Movie". This has created:

• 2 new entries in cmsTags
    • 3 new entries in cmsTagRelationship. (It suppose to be 2 entries)

After bit of research I found out that if i enter a "Movie" Tag, it also finds Movie tag from different group and build a relationship. Therefore it now have 3 different entries.

Screenshot below shows that Node ID 2170 has 3 entries where it should only have tag id 32 and 33

enter image description here

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Aug 18, 2015 @ 06:21
    shinsuke nakayama

Hi guys

Its now version 7.2.8. and I'm still having a same issue. I'm sure its a simple fix in the backend of Umbraco.

Whats happening is if i have 2 sets of Tag group and enter a tag thats already exist in the other group, it automatically creates a relationship between both Tag Group and Node ID for the tag i just entered in the cmsTagRelationship table.

As a result of this, if i do a search in one Tag Group, it always displays page that's not related.

Thank you

Shinsuke

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft