Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kurisotofa 27 posts 75 karma points
    Dec 15, 2009 @ 10:58
    Kurisotofa

Keep losing my images using the Upload data type

One of our colleagues has set up our newest umbraco website, using an upload datatype (render control: upload field) instead of using the Media gallery and a media picker, because he thought it would be easier to update the images, and to retrieve them using XSLT.

Not my favourite approach, but it's too much work to switch to media picker now...

But now we're experiencing a very strange and dull phenomenon : at random times, our images keep getting lost! The upload control remembered which file was uploaded (and in which directory), but the image itself is no longer found there!

Especially when we are copying nodes (e.g. from one language to another), we keep losing our images. Not only in the target node, but even in the source node...

Does anyone have a clue? We're getting really desperate about this... Especially because we have no clue how to avoid this in the future. What will happen when our client will take over his website management in Umbraco?

Kind regards,

Christof.

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 24, 2012 @ 15:13

I know this is an old post, but we are seeing the same thing version 4.7.2.  Right now we cannot identify exactly when it happens, but we just notice them missing from time to time. 

When we go to the file system to look for the images, the entire folder is missing.

Did you ever resolve this issue?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft