Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Muhammad Humayun 49 posts 79 karma points
    Dec 08, 2014 @ 13:02
    Muhammad Humayun

Umb 7.2 not working on shared hosting "smarterasp.net"

Hi Chaps,

I have been using smarterasp.net from some good time now. There is usually no issue installing umbraco there. They even have umbraco 7.1.8 as "One Click Install App" which works all fine.

For some reasons, I'm unable to install umbraco 7.2 there. i have two situations.

1. If I simply upload the umbraco 7.2 zipped code and unzip there, there website always take me to the install with error page.

2. I tried to overcome this issue by installing it on local machine first and then uploaded the files and the database from local to the website. The website shows up now but it does not allow me to login to its back office. please see the attached screenshot.

Any idea what should I do?

Cheers

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 08, 2014 @ 13:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Muhammad

I don't think the screenshot made it into the post.

However I'm wondering if you have tried contacting support at the hosting company about the issues you're experiencing?

Please try to re-attach the screendump as well :)

/Jan

Dec 08, 2014 @ 15:25
    Muhammad Humayun

Here you go. And I don't think it's the hosting issue :-) It definitely is some configuration thingy

Dependancy handler is invoked on Login which results in internal server error

Dec 08, 2014 @ 17:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Muhammad

Have you been in touch with support about it making sure that everything has been setup properly? I don't know if you have any kind of control panel in order to setup the proper permissions for the folders? Are you able to give the NETWORK SERVICE and IUSR accounts full access? Or have it just been working out of the box earlier?

I suppose you're able to login on your local instance? If so it must be some server configuration that needs to be done, no?

/Jan

Dec 08, 2014 @ 18:43
    Muhammad Humayun

It's a shared but an excellent hosting. I am using other versions of umbraco already on it and as I explained above that now they also provide umbraco 7.1.8 as ONE CLICKK INSTALL APP (which works all fine - i have tested that as well)

So it's all about version 7.2 which is having some issues here. Why would it be different than 7.1.8 in terms of permission requirements and all that.

BTW There is no RDP so I can not set permissions myself but most of the applications are running in full trust mode and I usually never have any permission issues. 

Dec 08, 2014 @ 20:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Muhammad

Yup I read that :) I also very often use a danish webhost called Unoeuro, which is also doing a really good job hosting Umbraco. And usually everything just works when the files are uploaded using FTP.

But once in a while something in the process of setting up the webhotel goes wrong and when I upload my Umbraco site it's not working for some reason. And since I'm not in control of the server I usually send them a support ticket to make sure that everything is right - and the times where these issues have shown up there has in fact been server issues, which my hosting provider fixed for me so I could get everything running.

That's all I'm saying. I'm sure it's a good host you're using but I think that they can also experience troubles in their end from time to time and hence it's a good idea to rule out the option that there could be an issue in their end for some reason.

As I said - If the site is running fine locally and but you get an error 500 when you're trying to login on the webserver then there is a chance that it's in fact an issue on the server - I'm not saying that I'm 100% certain, just that it's a good idea to check with them.

I assume you uploaded the site using FTP? Or did you publish using Webmatrix for instance?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft