Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 19:10
    karen

Error every time on first load of /umbraco/umbraco.aspx - Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute'

Using Umbraco v6.2.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.5261.28997)

I have local/dev/qa/prod environments. Everytime I go to access the UI on dev/qa/prod after an hour or two, I will see this error (below). If I reload the page it goes away. I have told the end-users to just ignore it and reload the page, but it is annoying and I would like to figure out how to fix and not see the error at all. It doesn't happen on my localhost, which is where the project is compiled and then pushed to dev/qa/prod. Target framework is set at .net 4.0, because that is what the servers have. This started happeneing after I installed Contour.

Please help, thank you.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

Source Error: 

Line 38: <body id="umbracoMainPageBody">
    Line 39:     <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px">
    Line 40:     <asp:ScriptManager runat="server" ID="umbracoScriptManager" ScriptMode="Release">
    Line 41:         <CompositeScript ScriptMode="Release">
    Line 42:             <Scripts>

Source File: e:\Web\Umbraco-WholeHealthRx\Umbraco\umbraco.aspx    Line: 40 

Stack Trace: 

[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.]
       System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, IntPtr* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount, IntPtr* methodInstArgs, Int32 methodInstCount, ObjectHandleOnStack type) +0
       System.ModuleHandle.ResolveTypeHandleInternal(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[] typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] methodInstantiationContext) +180
       System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.ResolveType(Int32 metadataToken, Type[] genericTypeArguments, Type[] genericMethodArguments) +192
       System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(CustomAttributeRecord caRecord, MetadataImport scope, Assembly& lastAptcaOkAssembly, RuntimeModule decoratedModule, MetadataToken decoratedToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, Object[] attributes, IList derivedAttributes, RuntimeType& attributeType, IRuntimeMethodInfo& ctor, Boolean& ctorHasParameters, Boolean& isVarArg) +115
       System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent) +426
       System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, RuntimeType caType) +103
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetCustomAttributes(Boolean inherit) +33
       System.Web.UI.AssemblyCache.GetAjaxFrameworkAssemblyAttribute(Assembly assembly) +76
       System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.get_DefaultAjaxFrameworkAssembly() +399
       System.Web.UI.ScriptManager..ctor() +26
       ASP.umbraco_umbraco_aspx.__BuildControlumbracoScriptManager() in e:\Web\Umbraco-WholeHealthRx\Umbraco\umbraco.aspx:40
       ASP.umbraco_umbraco_aspx.__BuildControlForm1() in e:\Web\Umbraco-WholeHealthRx\Umbraco\umbraco.aspx:39
       ASP.umbraco_umbraco_aspx.__BuildControlTree(umbraco_umbraco_aspx __ctrl) in e:\Web\Umbraco-WholeHealthRx\Umbraco\umbraco.aspx:1
       ASP.umbraco_umbraco_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\2e279874\3829821a\App_Web_umbraco.aspx.5f2dec3.mc7zdu6r.0.cs:0
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +54
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
       ASP.umbraco_umbraco_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\2e279874\3829821a\App_Web_umbraco.aspx.5f2dec3.mc7zdu6r.0.cs:0
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1022
  • Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 19:48
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Karen,

I have tried to search on the error that you get, Did you use Contour version 3.0.21, if you do you could try go to the bin folder of your Umbraco installation and see if you can find a dll with the name Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7.dll

Since you have an local/dev/qa/prod environments setup, I would try do remove the file (if you can find it in the bin folder) from your local environment first, to ensure that your Umbraco backoffice still works after you have removed it, then you also can check that the website still works on frontend too.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 23:42
    karen

Hi,

I removed Umbraco.FOrms.Core.Providers.V7.dll from the /bin folder, but the same error is still showing up.

it is Umbraco Contour version 3.0.21

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft