Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rune Hansen 3 posts 51 karma points
    Feb 03, 2015 @ 10:26
    Rune Hansen

Can't Edit Lengthy Text In HTML Editor in Text Content Page with Umbraco 4

I am getting a blank white "View Source" window  when I try to edit the HTML of some of our content child text pages.

I am having this problem with one of the pages which contains most text. The text contained on the page is 6320 characters.

It works Ok when I try to HTML edit some of the other text pages with less text. These other pages are exactly the same type as the one with much text.

We are using 'Umbraco 4' for our website. We have tried with these browser versions:

Firefox 35.0.1
    IE 11.0.9600.17501
    Chrome Version 40.0.2214.94 m

In IE and Chrome we just get a white blank "View Source" window when we click the HTML button, in Firefox we can actually see the lengthy text in the "View Source" window when we click the HTML button. But when we click the 'Update' button on the "View Source" window, the window also here goes white blank and the text is not updated. As said it all works fine with some of the other text pages of the same type but with less text.

What to do?

I have taken a screenshot, see it here: http://1drv.ms/1vpRM7x

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2015 @ 11:54
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

This is a bug in Umbraco 4 I believe. I've seen this before. It's probably best to upgrade to Umbraco 4.11 or Umbraco 6.

Jeroen

• Rune Hansen 3 posts 51 karma points
    Feb 03, 2015 @ 12:39
    Rune Hansen

Yeah you are probably right Jeroen.

I actually just managed to get my edit through in Firefox (Long Live Firefox!) I did it by shortening the text, not pushing the HTML button. And thus I was able to update the text :) But yes there seems to be a bug.

Thank you :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft