Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick Bregman 10 posts 67 karma points
    Feb 06, 2015 @ 16:18
    Patrick Bregman

Can't edit Document Type in Umbraco 7.2.1 + newest ClientDependency

Hi all,

I recently did an upgrade from Umbraco 7.1.4 to 7.2.1 using NuGet. I also did an upgrade of the ClientDependency today after the security message earlier. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to edit document types anymore (under Settings => Document Types). When I click one of the document types to make changes, I get a nice YSOD, complaining that it can't show me more because customErrors is set to RemoteOnly.

The log, however, does contain the stacktrace. It doesn't point to anyplace where I'd think I'd be able to make usable changes. The stacktrace is:

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.SetupCompositionsPane()
    at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.OnInit(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.<InitRecursiveAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Web.Util.WithinCancellableCallbackTaskAwaitable.WithinCancellableCallbackTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.<ProcessRequestMainAsync>d__14.MoveNext()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.<ProcessRequestMainAsync>d__14.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__10.MoveNext()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__2c.MoveNext()
    at System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Some more information about the install:

• Umbraco version 7.2.1 (NuGet, upgraded from 7.1.4)
    • Targeting ASP.NET 4.5.1
    • Windows Server 2008R2 with IIS 7.5

Any idea what's going on here?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 09, 2015 @ 14:08
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Patrick,

Did you make changes at Umbraco Database ?

Do you have 'install' folder ?

THanks

• Patrick Bregman 10 posts 67 karma points
    Feb 09, 2015 @ 15:42
    Patrick Bregman

Now that you mention it, there was no database upgrade screen after deploying the site to acceptation. I'll do a deploy with the old/wrong version set in the Web.config, that should initiate the the update process on the acceptation environment.

Is this the way it should be done or is there a better way?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 09, 2015 @ 16:05
    Alex Skrypnyk

Patrick, it's normal way, to upgrade files and after that upgrade database.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft