Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• RJ89 6 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 18:21
    RJ89

Schedule content bug - v7.1.4

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere before - couldn't find any posts relating to the version of Umbraco that we're running a site on (v7.1.4).

Using the built in publish scheduling fields in the CMS produces a couple of bugs. From other threads I've seen that this has been an on-off issue with previous version, such as here: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/49872-Problems-with-publishing-by-schedule-(v-472)

If I set the 'Publish at' field on the Properties tab to a date in the future and click 'Save and publish' I get an error reading:

"Publish: Test article (4298) could not be published because the item is scheduled for release."

(Where 'Test  article' is the name of the news article I am trying to schedule.

I'm told that this is expected behaviour. If I click on the arrow next to 'Save and publish' and click on 'Save', the file, I get a green message reading:

"Content saved: Remember to publish to make changes visible."

However, even once the specified time has passed, the content does not appear on front end. In the CMS, the content has a message reading:

“Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)."

Once the specified date/time has gone past, the 'Publish At' date changes to 0001-01-01 00:00:00. 

If I click on Publish under Actions the content will publish instantly.

We've checked and the server clock and Umbraco are syncronised. Any ideas what might be causing the issue?

According to the Umbraco 7 Editors Guide we should be able to click on Save and publish to use scheduled publishing, but it won't even let us save content unless we 'Save', and then it never appears on front end.

Many thanks in advance.

Feb 18, 2015 @ 18:37
    RJ89

For reference, I've just tried Scott's workaround detailed here (admitedly an old version of Umbraco) and having the same issues.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/5981-Publish-At-date-not-working?p=2 ;

Steps tried:

Save and publish article > Unpublish article > Set Publish At date/time > Click Save and publish. This results in the orange "could not be published because the item is scheduled for release." error. 

Save and publish article > Unpublish article > Set Publish At date/time > Click Save. Content saves, but does not display on front end, CMS shows 0001 date and 'oops' message about the cache.

Mar 03, 2015 @ 16:35
    RJ89

Sorry to bump - anyone have any ideas on this?

• corina mcintosh 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 26, 2015 @ 12:29
    corina mcintosh

Hi

I am experiencing this exact same issue on the same version. Anyone have any ideas?

• Chris 13 posts 53 karma points
    Jul 07, 2015 @ 06:58
    Chris

Having the same issue on Umbraco 7.2.6

I think if we had some way of knowing which nodes have been 'auto' un/published and which were manual/human un/published, we could come up with ways to programmatically refresh the site content to fix this issue.

Shame the IContent class doesn't cater for this feature.... but it's a bigger shame that ExpireDate and ReleaseDate properties don't work as intended as they could also be used for a workaround.

• jonok 297 posts 657 karma points
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 04:57
    jonok

I'm experiencing this issue on V7.2.5 - is it meant to be working? I can't find any solid information about the 'publish at' section apart from a lot of people having problems. Does anything else need to be setup like scheduled tasks or anything like that? Or should it just work out of the box?

Nov 18, 2015 @ 09:03
    RJ89

When I was researching this issue, it looks like it's been intermittent between various Umbraco versions - it was resolved in v6 I believe.

We obviously would rather that the scheduling module works, but a workaround is to create a new date field and set your views/templates to show hide content based on that. Not ideal, but it does work.

• Manish 373 posts 932 karma points
    May 05, 2016 @ 06:03
    Manish

Hi All

I have checked this on local environment and it works fine for (umbraco 7.2.8 and 7.3.0) but when i tried on production server for the same version. it failed to publish page on scheduled time.

Manish

• Sean Yee 1 post 71 karma points
    Jun 30, 2016 @ 21:53
    Sean Yee

Hi,

We're running version 7.4.0 assembly: 1.0.5885.31226 and experiencing the same issue. I have tried the workaround from Scott that RJ89 posted in this thread, and scheduled unpublishing didn't work either. Is anyone else still having this issue in the newer builds?

Cheers, Sean

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft