Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eran Meir 401 posts 543 karma points
    Mar 08, 2015 @ 11:08
    Eran Meir

cannot sort prevalues of DropdownlistMultiplePublishKeys - umbraco 7.2.1

Hi,

whenever i try to sort pre values of DropdownlistMultiplePublishKeys i get the following error

"A pre value with the alias 0 already exists for this data type"

the numbers is changing based on the sort

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 08, 2015 @ 11:37
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Eran,

I have just tried to do the same as you described on a fresh Umbraco 7.2.2 installation, I also get the following error"A pre value with the alias 0 already exists for this data type", And when I get back on the data type, the sorting is rolled back to the order I added the values,

I think you shouldreport it at the issue tracker here http://issues.umbraco.org/issues

Please post the issue link back in here once it's created,

/Dennis

• Eran Meir 401 posts 543 karma points
    Mar 08, 2015 @ 16:48
    Eran Meir

HI Dennis,

I opened an issue on the subject

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6375

• MrFlo 159 posts 403 karma points
    Mar 28, 2015 @ 18:08
    MrFlo

Hi guys,

I had the same issue and I was able to fix it.

This problem appear after importing some pages with the csv CMS importer. In the table cmsDataTypePreValues after finding the corresponding property, there were no values for the columns sortOrder and alias

I have just added values in sequential order and I was able to sort/delete/add an item to the list.

This could be helpful for some of you.

MrFlo

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Jun 09, 2015 @ 21:21
    Carlos Mosqueda

@MrFlo. 

Out tables have the sort order and alias. I added a screenshot on the issues.umbraco.org, but I also am adding a screenshot of our before and after.

What could be causing this issue?  I noticed there was another ticket submitted on Issues from back in 2014 about this issue happening too. We are on Umbraco 7.2.2.  The most recent issue ticket looks like on 7.2.5 it is still having issues.

• MrFlo 159 posts 403 karma points
    Jun 13, 2015 @ 19:10
    MrFlo

Hi Carlos,

There is a problem since a while on this for Dropdown and Checkbox List. The alias is change when you order the item and it creates this error.

To order it manually: Go in Management Studio and look for the database in the table : cmsDataTypePreValues (right click edit) Change the alias and order field of the specific datatypeNodeId (the id of your datatype, it's in the url when you are editing it) and make them the same in the order you want. Then you can at least add & remove items from a checkboxlist or dorpdownlist but you will still see this error when ordering...

This issue has been documented but please vote for it: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5670

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 16, 2015 @ 19:36
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft