Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Kaltenhuber 107 posts 286 karma points
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 09:43
    Andreas Kaltenhuber

Content tree got duplicated - umbraco 7

Hi,

i'm have a strange problem, where my content tree spontaneously got completely duplicated. the entries in the "2nd" tree, have the same IDs as the first tree. when i click an item in the 2nd tree, the item in the first gets selected. the root node in the first tree is always marked as there are unpublished changes on that node.

i cant find any hints or troubles in the database pointing towards this (contentXML is normal, no duplicates) and on the frontend there is also no problem, XML cache is OK.

anyone has suggestions, what to do, where to look? 

Thx in advance,
    Andreas

Umbraco 7.2.4 (was upgraded from 7.2.2, project was running without any troubles for the last 2 month)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 10:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andreas

Wow! That's really weird!

Has there been made any changes before this happened? Or has it been running for 2 months without any new code being deployed etc. ?

Have you checked the browser console log to see if it provides any information? And it might also be worth having a look in the /App_Data/Logs file to see if anything related to this is written in the trace log.

Let's see if this makes us wiser for starters.

/Jan

Apr 10, 2015 @ 10:32
    Andreas Kaltenhuber

Hi Jan,

you're right, thats really weird. never experienced anything like this.

actually the only thing we did before this behavior happend, was a complete upgrade (umbraco, all packages). after the upgrade everything was running fine, no problems. and then, after some normal content editing and publishing, the tree got duplicated (yesterday). we did a complete IIS Reset, SQL Server restart, the tree is still duplicated.

i will have a look in the log files now.

cheers,
    Andreas 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 18:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andreas

What version did you upgrade from? And what steps did you take? Seems like some weirdness is happening in the database for some weird reason....

/Jan

Apr 13, 2015 @ 09:26
    Andreas Kaltenhuber

Hi Jan,

the upgrade was from 7.2.1 to 7.2.4. Upgraded umbaco, afterwards all packages (archetype, nupickers, slimsy, optimus, analytics, angulargooglemaps). i will have a look in the log files today. 

Cheers,
    Andreas 

Apr 13, 2015 @ 10:25
    Andreas Kaltenhuber

Hi,

good news, seems like it was a cache issue with google chrome. i dont understand completely, because i had the cache disabled for development and the dev console was opened during the update process. But something went wrong there. When i hit "empty cache and hard reload" my duplicate tree nodes were gone.

Thx anyway for your help,

Andreas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft