Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Reuven Gitter 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 16, 2015 @ 17:59
    Reuven Gitter

Major issue

Hi all I am new to the forum. I am seeking help as my site that has worked flawlessly for five years now has encountered a problem in which all of the content has dissapeared. All of the images and the general brick and moarter set up has dissapeared. Ironically, our image slider on the home page seems to still be there.

our site is www.reuvengitter.com

I do not know what version I am running... I hit the "about button" on the page while logged in... and I got this messsage

Compiler Error Message: CS1583: 'h:\HostingTempFiles\root\0acdc12c\eaa63617\irhpqlyc.res' is not a valid Win32 resource file

I am wondering if this is a server issue? I am so confused.

Thanks,

Reuven

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 16, 2015 @ 18:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Reuven and welcome to our :)

Ouch, that's not good.

If I were you I would try to find out if there is enough disk space on the web server and on the database server as well.

If not then that's probably the culprit. If there is then I would be nice to know what kind of changes might have been done to the site when this started to happen? Perhaps something has happened on the hosting environment like software upgrade or something like that. Or perhaps a permissions setting has been changed by a mistake.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Apr 16, 2015 @ 18:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Again

To me it seems it's only the lower right part of the site that is failing for some reason? Other pages see to be working fine. So what's supposed to happen in the lower right corner?

/Jan

Apr 16, 2015 @ 18:09
    Jan Skovgaard

...Ah and the navigation is not rendering either...missed the error text due to the contrast was not that clear :)

/Jan

Apr 16, 2015 @ 18:13
    Reuven Gitter

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the welcome. On the site a few links still seem to be working and the pages are still there. How can I find if a permission setting was changed or is there any sort of "backup/restore function"? If links and pages are still visible on the site, then why would they not be visible in the umbraco folders?

Apr 16, 2015 @ 18:15
    Reuven Gitter

Yes the navigation is totally off. it reads"Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\mtt_ultimateNav.xslt"

Apr 16, 2015 @ 18:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Reuven

Do you have access to the server where the site is hosted? Or is it running on shared hosting? If it's running on shared hosting you should get in touch with support and ask them if they can check disk space and permissions for you.

/Jan

Apr 16, 2015 @ 18:19
    Reuven Gitter

Will do, thanks Jan!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft