Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MA 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 14, 2010 @ 12:20
    MA

Sort order, generic properties

Hi! I am experience problems when changing sort order of my document type properties. I can visibly drag and drop, but when saving sort order resets. No error message is displayed. The only way to change sort order is to delete all properties and insert them in the correct order from the beginning. Bug?

My setup: windows 7, IE 8, Umbraco 4.0.3.

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jan 14, 2010 @ 21:37
    Douglas Robar

I don't have that problem. Does it happen in all browsers or just IE8? Any chance you have a file permission problem that isn't letting some javascript run properly? Firebug or Fiddler would be helpful in that regard.

cheers, and welcome to umbraco!
    doug.

• MA 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 15, 2010 @ 13:45
    MA

Thanks! We are evaluating umbraco compared to dotnetnuke as a development platform and so far umbraco is my choice, booth in terms of flexibility and user friendlyness.

Standard IE out of the box. Same behavior in Chrome and FF. There is no javascript error - I can change the sort order by drag and drop but it can't be saved. A post back occur and I get the standard saved message at right bottom when clicking on the save button, but the sort order goes right back to where it was after my changes.

• Mikael Nordlöf 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 24, 2010 @ 08:27
    Mikael Nordlöf

I have also had this problem, but it only occurs when i use the characters Å, Ä or Ö in my tab names. I noticed it when i changed the tab Content to the Swedish word Innehåll, then my sorting stopped working. As soon as i changed it to Innehall (without the å) it worked again.

@Max - i noticed your from Sweden, where you also using Å, Ä or Ö in your tabs when this problem happened?

Where is the best place to repport errors like this?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Feb 24, 2010 @ 09:29
    Dirk De Grave

Best place for these kind of bugs is Codeplex, just create a new work item and report back here, so people know about this work item and can vote for those.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    May 28, 2010 @ 18:12
    Sotiris Filippidis

Hello from an Umbraco newbie. I faced the same problem and realized that a quick workaround until a solution is provided would be to rename your tab to something that is written in English only, change the ordering and then rename the tab again to what you like. Seems to work with Greek, at least.

• Hamish 96 posts 154 karma points
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 08:14
    Hamish

Phew, thank the heavens someone else had this issue. I too had the same issue but with "&" in the tab name.

I'm working on a Umbraco 4.0.3 site, has anyone noticed this in 4.5 and added to codeplex? Tried searching for the bug but kept on getting results in the 100's.

• Brian Manning 22 posts 43 karma points
    Jul 28, 2010 @ 18:02
    Brian Manning

Thought I'd throw out for anyone looking for a fix that parentheses in the tab names can also cause this same problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft