Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 09:39
    Sören Deger

Can't delete recycle bin because: "Content is trashed and could not be published"?

Hi all,

I have a very strange behaviour in umbraco 6.2.4: I can't clear the recycle bin. If I will recycle then it seems that umbraco is going to an endless loop.

In log file there are this recurrently entries:

2015-06-22 11:04:45,875 [11] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [Thread 17] Content 'Programmtipp - NDR 27.07.2009  23:45 Uhr (2)' with Id '20847' is trashed and could not be published.
    2015-06-22 11:04:45,985 [11] WARN  Umbraco.Core.Publishing.ScheduledPublisher - [Thread 17] Could not published the document (20847) based on it's scheduled release. Status result: FailedIsTrashed

But I will not publish everything. I will only recycle the trash.

Any ideas?

Best, Sören

Jun 22, 2015 @ 09:52
    Sören Deger

Is there any way to delete this node correctly with an SQL delete statement?

Jun 22, 2015 @ 12:00
    Sören Deger

I have solved it. There was existing orphaned nodes in umbraco database. At first I have run this sql script:

begin transaction

-- Delete all 'related' nodes and table contents...

DELETE FROM cmsPreviewXml WHERE nodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE path LIKE '%-20%' AND id != -20)

DELETE FROM cmsContentVersion WHERE contentId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE path LIKE '%-20%' AND id != -20)

DELETE FROM cmsDocument WHERE nodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE path LIKE '%-20%' AND id != -20)

DELETE FROM cmsContentXML WHERE nodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE path LIKE '%-20%' AND id != -20)

DELETE FROM cmsContent WHERE nodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE path LIKE '%-20%' AND id != -20)

DELETE FROM cmsPropertyData WHERE contentNodeId IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE path LIKE '%-20%' AND id != -20)

-- delete the XML nodes...

DELETE FROM umbracoDomains WHERE domainRootStructureID IN (SELECT id FROM umbracoNode WHERE path LIKE '%-20%' AND id != -20)

DELETE FROM umbracoNode WHERE path LIKE '%-20%' AND id != -20

rollback transaction

But the script has running 30 minutes without ending. So I have cancel the script. I installed the "FALM Housekeeping" package and delete all versions with this package. After this I have run the above script again. And now the scripts runs only 1 second. This time the specific node was still in recycle bin, but now I could clear the recycle bin without issues and finally the node was deleted.

Best, Sören

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft