Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Mark 116 posts 248 karma points
    Aug 25, 2015 @ 10:06
    Mark
    0

    ClientDependency not updating

    Guys,

    I'm having a slight issue with the ClientDependency module..

    It appears to be working in that it bundles / minifies correctly when debug mode is set to false, however, it fails to update the version of styles/js being served after bumping the version number in CliendDependency.config

    I have updated to the latest version but is still happening. Currently I either have to run in debug=true or delete the temp clientdependency files to force it to update.

    Any ideas? It is happening on both my dev machine and when publishing to a staging server, so I'm pretty certain it's not a permissions thing.

    Thanks..

    Mark

  • Mark 116 posts 248 karma points
    Sep 30, 2015 @ 15:41
    Mark
    0

    Thought I'd bump this as I've not had a single response..

    Any thoughts from anyone as to what the issue might be? I shelved digging into the issue as I had the rest of the site to finish off but thought I'd see if anyone else has had this issue..

    Thanks in advance?

    Mark

  • Nik 1110 posts 4633 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Sep 30, 2015 @ 16:54
    Nik
    0

    Hi Mark,

    I had a similar issue to this, from what I understand based on responses I was given, the version number isn't automatically updated in the config files.

    You need to update the version number in the ClientDepenency.Config file each time you have new files for it to clear it's own cache and start again.

    -- Edit--- You also need to make sure the path in web.config is correct, see the responses to my post here for more information:

    https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/71744-dependency-handler-not-reflecting-css-changes

    Nik

  • Mark 116 posts 248 karma points
    Sep 30, 2015 @ 17:08
    Mark
    0

    Hi Nik,

    I have used ClientDependency a number of times and I have indeed been bumping the version number in the ClientDependency.config file, this isn't causing the css/js to be regenerated. It only happens after I have cleared out the temp files. I know it should happen automagically when bumping the number, just haven't worked out why it's not happening this time round.

    I tried reinstalling the ClientDependency packages from nuget too, but to no avail :-(

  • Mark 116 posts 248 karma points
    May 09, 2016 @ 14:36
    Mark
    0

    Just in case anyone else stumbles across this..

    I eventually found the problem, and it was a simple one..

    I had installed a package called Optimus to experiment with bundling, then decided that it wasn't necessary and removed it again. It didn't tidy up after itself very nicely and appears to on install, remove the config section:

    <section name="clientDependency" type="ClientDependency.Core.Config.ClientDependencySection, ClientDependency.Core" requirePermission="false"/>
    

    from the web.config file. Somehow, I and everyone else who looked through the file missed the fact that this was missing, probably because ClientDependency continued to half work.

    Anyway, re-adding this fixed the issue and we all feel suitably silly for missing it!

    Hope this helps someone, somewhere..

    Mark

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft