Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jim 7 posts 28 karma points
    Sep 10, 2015 @ 21:22
    Jim

7.2.8 Uploading Media: Site randomly throws "The process cannot access the file..."

When uploading any type of media in the backoffice sometimes the upload will fail with this exception message...

"Message": "An error has occurred.",
    "ExceptionMessage": "The process cannot access the file 'E:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\UmbracoFolder\\App_Data\\TEMP\\FileUploads\\BodyPart_4c178317-ad31-4982-ae46-4e38024561f0' because it is being used by another process.",
    "ExceptionType": "System.IO.IOException",
    "StackTrace":"at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)\r\n   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)\r\n   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.FileUploadCleanupFilterAttribute.OnActionExecuted(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.CallOnActionExecuted(HttpActionContext actionContext, HttpResponseMessage response, Exception exception)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<>c__DisplayClass2.<System.Web.Http.Filters.IActionFilter.ExecuteActionFilterAsync>b__1(CatchInfo`1 info)\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass4`1.<Catch>b__3()\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.CatchImpl[TResult](Task task, Func`1 continuation, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"

Waiting about 2 seconds and resaving allows the file to go through

enter image description here

The IIS user has full control permissions, nothing is displayed in either the iis logs nor the umbraco logs.

Found this bug which seems like the same thing. http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4049 However it states it is fixed (I am using 7.2.8) and no solutions offered there work or I have already tried.

• mortimerh 3 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 27, 2015 @ 14:19
    mortimerh

Hello!

Having the same problem as you've described, did you have any success in fixing it?

• Ste 14 posts 35 karma points
    Apr 07, 2016 @ 09:01
    Ste

This workaround worked for me:

• Go to {umbraco}/App_Data/TEMP
    • Delete the FileUploads directory

This released whatever file lock was on the folder. I was then able to upload a file in the frontend and it didn't throw the error.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft