Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryan 24 posts 106 karma points
    Nov 04, 2015 @ 18:34
    Ryan

Microsoft.Web.Helpers

I've tried installing each version of Umbraco from 7.2.6 to 7.3.1 and they all have this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Helpers' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 29: using Umbraco.Core.Models; Line 30: using Umbraco.Web.Mvc; Line 31: using Microsoft.Web.Helpers; Line 32: using umbraco; Line 33: using Examine;

Source File: c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\482ac997\b81115e5\AppWebumbhomepage.cshtml.65a2d1ee.ekkwk0z8.0.cs Line: 31

Show Detailed Compiler Output:

Show Complete Compilation Source:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248

I'm hosting on GoDaddy with ASP.NET 4.5 Framework. I suspect it might be the example package I'm using? Why is something using Microsoft.Web.Helpers which is so old, when it should be using System.Web.Helpers? I've looked everywhere, even in the umbraco source code and I can't find ANYTHING with this actual code snippet in it using the old library. I've replaced .dll files with the binary files from each release. What the heck?

• Brian Powell 44 posts 199 karma points c-trib
    Nov 24, 2015 @ 17:19
    Brian Powell

Look to see if microsoft.web.helpers.dll is in your \bin folder. It was removed in v7.3.0 and broke my old partial view scripts which expected the file.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft