Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Nov 25, 2015 @ 20:35
    Carlos Mosqueda

Profile picture uploader not letting me change my avatar.

The Our.Umbraco profile image picker is not letting me change my Avatar. I tried adding a .png and a .jpg file and it keeps saying that the file type is wrong and must be .jpg,.png,.gif,.jpeg.

• Nel Prinsloo 4 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 23, 2021 @ 10:45
    Nel Prinsloo

It's very frustrating not to be able to change your profile picture. Mine would say that it uploads, but then nothing would happen.
    Today I finally managed to upload it successfully on a new Windows 11 VM where I had not yet installed anti-virus (ESET Internet Security.) It worked. I suspect it may be ESET web protection that is somehow blocking it. I will install ESET Internet Security on the machine and then try to update the profile pic again - which should indicate if that was the problem.

• Nel Prinsloo 4 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 23, 2021 @ 11:40
    Nel Prinsloo

It seems that it was not ESET Internet Security that caused the problem. Before today I tried to update it from various machines, but they all ran ESET Internet Security. I tried from a Ubuntu machine, my Android phone, and Windows 10 and no success. I hope you manage to get yours uploaded soon.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft