Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Blake Watt (Clerke) 106 posts 351 karma points MVP
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 01:56
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

umbraco rte macros with textarea parameters that have a line break disappear in editor

I noticed that when I upgraded from 7.2.8 to 7.3.1 that my macros in the rte with textarea parameters disappeared.

Upon troubleshooting, I noticed all my macros where I had code pasted into the parameter that included a forced line break (just hitting enter) is when I was running into the macro disappearing from the rte and the HTML source reflected .

For example,

@{ test }

works while

@{
    test
    }

would make the macro disappear in the rte. Needless to say, just about all of my macros have this problem since I'm sharing code snippets and I don't know how to go about fixing what is causing this issue. I didn't have a problem with macros in 7.2.8 and I saw in the release notes for 7.3.0 that tinymce was updated to the latest version so maybe it has something to do with that? I really am not entirely sure but I wanted to see if anyone else is running into this issue.

I was able to do a clean install of 7.3.4 and replicate this issue with macro parameter textarea.

Any ideas on how to fix would be so awesomely appreciated. If this is actually a bug, I can submit it on issues, I just wasn't 100% sure.

Thank you!

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 11:49
    Douglas Robar

No real idea, but at a wild guess, maybe this is related? http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7477

cheers,
    doug.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 12:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

For what it's worth I can confirm that it is indeed a new bug since one of my colleagues have been struggling with the same issue today.

Think he solved it by doing a custom .dll but that's just out of necessity to please our client.

/Jan

Dec 14, 2015 @ 12:25
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Thing is I dont think it has anything to do with the text inside the parameter at all except for when I hit enter that is when it breaks. I tried it with multiple entries just to make sure but the same text works until I hit enter and then it breaks.

Attached a pic for reference. enter image description here

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 12:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Yup, can't handle multiline all of the sudden - That's why my colleague had to fix it using a custom .dll since it broke a rather large site unfortunately. Not sure he have had time to report anything yet though so if you're up for it I think that would be ace :)

/Jan

Dec 14, 2015 @ 12:37
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Just FYI: It looks like it is a bug so I went ahead and reported it on issues here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7533

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft