Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Owain Williams 428 posts 1283 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 12:26
    Owain Williams
    0

    Upgraded 7.3 to 7.4.1 - Now being asked for username password in backoffice

    Hi! I just upgraded from 7.3 to 7.4.1 and now when I log in to the back office an click on the developer tab I'm prompted for a username and password. No matter what I enter, it doesn't except the credentials and eventually kicks me out to the default login screen for backoffice.

    Has anyone else has a similiar issue?

  • Owain Williams 428 posts 1283 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 12:35
    Owain Williams
    0

    I've also had a look in the console and I am getting the error:

      Error: Argument 'Umbraco.Dashboard.StartupChangePasswordController' is not a function, got undefined
        at Error (native)
        at cb (http://.../umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js?cdv=116020257:17:79)
        at xa (http://.../umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js?cdv=116020257:17:187)
        at http://.../umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js?cdv=116020257:53:310
        at http://.../umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js?cdv=116020257:44:274
        at n (http://.../umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js?cdv=116020257:7:74)
        at k (http://.../umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js?cdv=116020257:44:139)
        at e (http://.../umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js?cdv=116020257:40:139)
        at http://.../umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js?cdv=116020257:39:205
        at http://.../umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js?cdv=116020257:158:18
    
  • Alessandro Calzavara 32 posts 144 karma points c-trib
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 12:50
    Alessandro Calzavara
    0

    Try to increment the version in config/clientDependency.config and to empty the cache browser-side

  • Dennis Adolfi 1071 posts 6356 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 12:56
    Dennis Adolfi
    100

    I got the same problem on a previous upgrade.

    Its the /Config/trees.config that has not been updated in the upgrade. Replace it with the trees.config file from the 7.4.1.zip.

  • Owain Williams 428 posts 1283 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 13:14
    Owain Williams
    1

    Cheers. That seems to have stopped the prompts but I'm still getting blank screens on the right hand side when I click on a node in my content tree.

  • Dennis Adolfi 1071 posts 6356 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 13:18
    Dennis Adolfi
    0

    Wierd. Can it be a cache problem? Have you tried a hard refresh?

  • Owain Williams 428 posts 1283 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 13:24
    Owain Williams
    0

    I've cleared out the app pool, I've cleared my cache and tried it on a different PC as well.

    It loads the recycle bin and displays everything there. Just nothing in my Home node or anything below it.

    It is strange. No error messages either.

  • Owain Williams 428 posts 1283 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 14:04
    Owain Williams
    1

    Not sure what has happened but just went back to check and it's all working perfectly again!

    Thanks for your help!

  • Dennis Adolfi 1071 posts 6356 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 14:14
    Dennis Adolfi
    0

    Great! Glad to hear that it worked out. :)

  • Logan P. 47 posts 217 karma points
    Apr 13, 2016 @ 22:09
    Logan P.
    1

    For me it was the Dashboard.config that did not merge correctly. It still had the reference to the ChangePassword tab in the StartupDeveloperDashboardSection.

  • ljcooper 21 posts 86 karma points
    Jul 05, 2016 @ 17:46
    ljcooper
    0

    This was my issue as well, the upgrade was to 7.4.3 but exactly the same issue. Thanks for posting, it saved me a bunch of time!

  • Joel Hansen 38 posts 96 karma points
    Dec 31, 2016 @ 20:38
    Joel Hansen
    0

    I experienced the same error, but in my case the problem was due to a renaming of the "dataTypes" entry in trees.config.

    Here is what I did.

    Replaced this:

    <add initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="datatype" application="developer" title="Data Types" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" type="Umbraco.Web.Trees.DataTypeTreeController, umbraco" />

    with this:

    <add initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="dataTypes" application="developer" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder-open" type="Umbraco.Web.Trees.DataTypeTreeController, umbraco" />

    And then touched the clientdependency number to trigger a refresh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft