• Tim 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 02, 2010 @ 16:24
    Tim

umbracoReservedPaths trailing slash

•  Umbraco Version: 4.0.3
    •  asp.net version: 3.5
    •  Windows and iis version: Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7
    •  Detailed description:

I am having issues with IIS and Umbraco and the umbracoReservedPaths key. Removing the trailing slash from /blog, for example, doesn't fix the issue. I have tried url rewrites in IIS as well, but it wont really fix the issue because IIS is having problems determining the difference between files and folders. Is there a way to have Umbraco allow the removal of the trailing slashes for values in the umbracoReservedPaths key? ..or, is there a rewrite rule I can use to solve this problem if Umbraco will not accept reservedPaths without the trailing slash?

For reference, my rewrite rule is: (and I have tried many variations of this configuration)

<rule name="AddTrailingSlash" stopProcessing="true">
                        <match url="(.*[^/])$" />
                        <conditions>
                            <add input="{REQUEST_URL}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true" />
                            <add input="{REQUEST_URL}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" />
                        </conditions>
                        <action type="Redirect" url="{R:1}/" />
                    </rule>

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 05, 2010 @ 10:13
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Instead of the rewriting, I find that this works and is much simpler (in this case, "test" is the reserved path):

<add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="/config/splashes/booting.aspx,/install/default.aspx,/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx,/test" />
        <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="/umbraco/,/test/" />

• Tim 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 05, 2010 @ 16:07
    Tim

Thanks Sebastiaan! That worked!

• Janet Kirklen 102 posts 212 karma points
    Dec 31, 2010 @ 01:06
    Janet Kirklen

I am running Umbraco 4.5.2 on IIS 6.0 and ASP.Net 4.0.

I have a site that has some folders that contain non-umbraco pages.  Some of these folders have only a default.asp file in them.  Currently users access these folders using short, friendly URLs like: http://www.mysite.com/abc  ; Where abc is a folder with one default.asp file in it (which does a redirect to a longer, uglier URL). 

I have tried: <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco, ~/abc,~/abc/" />

This allows this URL to work: http://www.mysite.com/abc/ But if they us http://www.mysite.com/abc then I get the Umbraco 404 error and the default.asp file is not found. Umbraco seems to try and parse the URL without the /

Page not found

No umbraco document matches the url 'http://www.mysite.com/abc'

Is this an Umbraco or an IIS issue?

Is there any other way to handle these type of shortcut landing page type URLs?

• Paul A 133 posts 368 karma points
    Sep 15, 2011 @ 16:18
    Paul A

@Janet, did you fix this? I have exactly the same problem. And am trying the same things,

• Janet Kirklen 102 posts 212 karma points
    Sep 15, 2011 @ 17:25
    Janet Kirklen

Yes.  It seems that I needed to put the paths in the umbracoReservedUrls instead of the umbracoReservedPaths. you an put a specific file there or a folder.

So in my example below both the webinars and demos folders are off my root and contain a default.aspx file (and other associated files) that I want Umbraco to ignore. 

< addkey="umbracoReservedUrls"value="~/install/default.aspx,~/webinars,~/demos"

/>

• Paul A 133 posts 368 karma points
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 11:01
    Paul A

Perfick! Not sure why it started ignoring values in umbracoReservedPaths... Oh well. Thanks v much, we use those a lot so that's a big help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft