Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith R Hubbard 175 posts 403 karma points
    May 07, 2010 @ 16:03
    Keith R Hubbard

Home page node id problem and DocumentTypes not keeping propertys

Umbraco 4.0.3

i somehow deleted the home page doc type and now the node ID is different for the home page and will not show the new home page and i can not edit the tab propertys unless, i delete the content tab and then all propertys come in as generic propertys.  This is also effecting the textpage aswell.  i have put a lot of time in this and have tried a node trace and get no return.  I do not want to recreate the site because this will take hours.  the site is http://americanlegendmotocycles.com please help.   

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 07, 2010 @ 17:16
    Chris Dunn

Did you delete the homepage document type in the Backend UI or within the database?  I have seem something similar when a client of mine accidentally deleted a template row from the database.

-Chris

May 07, 2010 @ 17:47
    Keith R Hubbard

Where in the database is is located?  in the Umbraco.node table or where?

May 07, 2010 @ 17:48
    Keith R Hubbard

Did not delete in database

May 07, 2010 @ 19:14
    Keith R Hubbard

wrong site like above http://americanlegendmotorcycles.com

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 07, 2010 @ 20:03
    Chris Dunn

If you didn't touch the database I wouldn't worry about the tables.  Maybe explain a bit more the process that happened.  Did you recreate the document type. If you delete the document type "home", it will remove all nodes of type "home".  Therefore all child nodes should be deleted as well.  If I recall it still leaves some data in the database.  

Also check your data/umbraco.config.  That is an xml representation of your site. As long as the cache has not been updated you might be able to recover.  And as always....backup the database :).

-Chris

May 07, 2010 @ 21:25
    Keith R Hubbard

i performed a restore amd got most of it back but iit is doind crazy stuff with the Doc types

May 09, 2010 @ 20:20
    Keith R Hubbard

Server Error in '/' Application.

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: ''  Key being added: ''

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: ''  Key being added: ''

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: ''  Key being added: '']
    System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) +10065426
    umbraco.page..ctor(Int32 Id, Guid Version) +568
    umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.TinyMCEWebControl.parseMacrosToHtml(String input) +244
    umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.TinyMCEWebControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +56
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +339
  • Bryan 29 posts 50 karma points
    Jul 27, 2010 @ 15:39
    Bryan

Ohhh you fokep up man..

I got this error too. My situation was that I had a doctype wich had several childtypes. And one of the childtypes had a property that de roottype already had. So Umbraco doesnt add the property again but gives a error. Check your propertys and look for duplicates.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft