Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wildlife 54 posts 74 karma points
    May 16, 2010 @ 20:17
    wildlife

Designit Gallery not displaying anything.

I was able to get the DesignIt Video Embed package to work and liked it, so I decided to try DesignIt Gallery.  I think I've done everything in the instructions correctly, but nothing is displaying on the page.

Here's what I've done:

1.  Set up a document type called Image Gallery.  One of its properties is Image Gallery (alias imageGallery) set to use the Media Picker data type.

2.  Set up a Folder in my Media area called Image Gallery and populated it with the various images.

3.  In the Image Gallery template, I have everything set up as needed to fit in with my pages and added the following macro code:

<umbraco:Macro folderId="[#Image Gallery]" ThumbWidth="100" ThumbHeight="100" LightBoxWidth="600" LightBoxHeight="600" Alias="Designit.Gallery" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

4.  Allowed the Image Gallery document type to be a child under Homepage.

5.  Added a page under the Homepage called Image Gallery.

6.  In the Image Gallery property, I chose the Image Gallery folder from my Media area.

7.  In my Master template, I added the following lines because I saw those added to my Scripts area and wanted to make sure they were able to run on the page:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/Designit.Gallery/jquery.js"></script>    
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/Designit.Gallery/jquery.lightbox-0.5.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/Designit.Gallery/jquery.lightbox-0.5.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/Designit.Gallery/jquery.lightbox-0.5.pack.js"></script>

8.  I then wrapped the macro in <div id="image gallery"> </div> tags and checked that those would show up in the rendered page.  They did and the area between them was empty.

I'm stumped on what to try next.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 16, 2010 @ 20:43
    Morten Bock

This is a longshot, but I don't know how well umbraco handles spaces in property aliases:

folderId="[#Image Gallery]"

Would it be possible to just make it like this?:

folderId="[#ImageGallery]"

May 16, 2010 @ 21:41
    wildlife

Did I need to change another setting elsewhere to "imageGallery"?  The alias of my Image Gallery property in the document type was already set as "imageGallery", so I went with that in trying your suggestion.

The result of setting it that way in the macro within the template produces:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    Designit.Umb.Gallery.WebUi.usercontrols.Designit.Gallery.ShowGallery.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +499
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 16, 2010 @ 23:28
    Morten Bock

Does it work if you just enter the id of the folder that you want to use? Like this:

folderId="1234"

And are there images in the folder that you selected?

May 17, 2010 @ 10:58
    wildlife

No, same error when I changed it to that.  I thought that was going to work too.  Yes, there are images in the folder.  I've successfully used the same folder with the jqGallery package.  I'm trying different things out and using this as a test folder. 

There was an odd styling issue with the jqGallery's handling of this, but the package did work.  What happened with that one is the images in the carousel displayed fine in IE, but were offset downward by 10 pixels or so and cut off in Firefox.  I couldn't figure out why that was happening and just split the difference with them by raising the display a few pixels via the style sheet.  So now my IE version shows the images a little too high and the Firefox shows them a little too low, but both fairly acceptable while not perfect.

Bet Designit Gallery isn't displaying anything.

• Kasper Horup 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 24, 2010 @ 00:41
    Kasper Horup

Hi, just had the same problem. Found the solution to be to set your "folderId" to the value/name of your mediapicker and not as one might think your gallery folder name. Remember also to install ImageGen otherwise it will not work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft