Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kentiler 76 posts 69 karma points
    May 17, 2010 @ 21:19
    kentiler

Error when trying to set permissions - "Multiple controls with the same ID '2_r' were found."

Hi,

I'm trying to change the permissions on some assets, and I'm getting this error.  I've tried this on different assets and I keep getting the same error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Multiple controls with the same ID '2_r' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs. 
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Multiple controls with the same ID '2_r' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.
    Source Error: 
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  
    Stack Trace: 

[HttpException (0x80004005): Multiple controls with the same ID '2_r' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.]
       System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +273
       System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +320
       System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +320
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureNamedControlsTable() +61
       System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +222
       System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +327
       System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +327
       System.Web.UI.Page.FindControl(String id) +38
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +232
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1743

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Please help!  I have a client that keeps changing the wrong pages so I need to remove permission from their user!

--Kent

• kentiler 76 posts 69 karma points
    May 19, 2010 @ 15:40
    kentiler

I can't set permissions!  Can anyone either guide me in how to resolve this or give me some tips?

Thanks!

--Kent

• Pierre 16 posts 26 karma points
    May 20, 2010 @ 14:06
    Pierre

I'm having the same problem.

Umbraco version: umbraco v 4.0.3 (Assembly version: 1.0.3625.27276)
    asp.net version: 3.5
    windows: 2003
    IIS version: 6
    Description:

This happens if I try to set and save which permissions a certain user has on a specific node ie. right-clicking on a node and selecting "permissions".

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft