Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• S 5 posts 25 karma points
    May 28, 2010 @ 16:47
    S

#settings section - Template and Document Type nodes have disappeared!

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; color:windowtext;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Hi

I hope I’ve posted this in the right section – I wasn’t sure.

I’m new to Umbraco and have recently inherited an umbraco website. I was trying to add a new document type using the admin backend when all the document type and template nodes suddenly disappeared. The website is still functioning properly (there are no .net errors or anything), it’s literally just that the nodes are not showing in the admin section anymore. I’ve tried refreshing and reloading the nodes but nothing I’ve tried seems to have worked. I’m cautious about trying anything too drastic as I don’t have any experience of umbraco.

Has anyone ever encountered something like this before? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how I might troubleshoot this issue?

Further Info:

• Umbraco version: 4.0.2.1
    • IIS6
    • .Net 2.0 Framework
    • SQL Server 2005

Thank you very much in advance!

Sarah

May 28, 2010 @ 16:51
    S

Sorry about the random stuff at the top of my post - I copied and pasted my question from word and the rich text editor in this forum seems to have added some extra styling info in.

• Jeff Grine 149 posts 189 karma points
    May 28, 2010 @ 17:48
    Jeff Grine

I did run into something similar when playing around with some javascript. You might look for javascript errors, but doesn't seem real likely if all you did was add a new doc type.

May 29, 2010 @ 01:16
    S

Thank you for your reply! :) I've checked to see if there were any javascript errors but none seem to be appearing, however, now if I try and add content or do anything in the admin system it just comes up with 'Page not found' 404 errors. So I'm not sure why the umbraco admin pages can no longer be found.

I feel that maybe something has been corrupted ever so slightly during a save process or something? I'm still just trying to find my way around the set-up and everything. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position where I can reinstall umbraco itself (as it does seem to be a problem with umbraco rather than my actual website (which is still running without error)) as they are external servers with a complicated set-up.

Are there any particular config files that I should be checking to make sure they aren't corrupted?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft