Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stc 72 posts 101 karma points
    Jun 14, 2010 @ 21:14
    stc

Form in serverside form solution fail

I realize having a form inside a serverside form (one having runat="server") is not a bug itself, however it's causing me problems to which I'm unsure what is the best solution, since the one I found and thought was the best fails...

I found that instead of adding an <input> of type button adding an <asp:button> with the postbackURL property set to the same name could potentialy solve the problem of having a non responding form inside of the all-encompasing serverside form (I have just too many controls so that's why the serverside form just must be the parent of other forms...).

However, although placing the absolute (one starting from root /) postbackURL property value seems to work fine, I'm having trouble placing a relative value since the postback seems to point towards /masterpages/<relative_postbackURL_value> (but I don't have /masterpages anywhere in the site or do I mention it inside of the XSLT macro in which I define the <asp:button>):

Is this normal? Could I use a relative path of an asp:button postbackURL property inside the XSLT macro in which I delare the button? What are other elegant solutions to this problem, I've read about js use, but couldn't find an example...or any others...TIA

Jun 19, 2010 @ 14:23
    stc

No one...really?! :(

I figured out where the /masterpages comes from, it's the master page location in the @master directive.

However, I'm still unclear how to solve this, since I'd like to keep the master page...maybe Java Script...but I'm even worse there :-/

Jun 19, 2010 @ 14:54
    stc

and...even if you do try to get rid of the masterpage...it seems you can't since the master page "None" is actually a masterpage with a "contentplaceholderdefault" content place holder :(((

Umbracooo...why?!! :'(

So, unless I'm wrong (and I would love to be wrong, please, do correct me:), using asp:button with a relative postbackurl is next to useless :S

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft