Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Duncan McDougall 35 posts 62 karma points
    Jun 22, 2010 @ 15:48
    Duncan McDougall

Remember Last Node Location Directory

When selecting a node or image from a node picker it would be beneficial to administrators of large sites with large number of layers in the media folder or node tree to remember the directory of the last selected node. If a number of nodes need to be selected from path /root/a/b/c/d/e it can be very time consuming navigating to this directory each time.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 23, 2010 @ 01:53
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You are absolutely right. The upcoming Umbraco 4.1 release will support this mostly. When you navigate between the sections, you'll get the opened tree just like you left it when you were at that section the last time.

• Remi Martel 32 posts 104 karma points
    Jun 11, 2018 @ 13:49
    Remi Martel

Is there a way to add it to a custom media picker?

• firepol 125 posts 173 karma points
    Jul 30, 2013 @ 14:30
    firepol

Hi there, sorry to bring this back, but it seems to me that this feature was never implemented.

I wanted to post about this, but as in the forums people often say "use the search function" here I did ;)

Again, would be cool, at least to have a setting in the config, where people can choose the actual standard behaviour (always to choose from the root media content) or to remember the last chosen one.

I would love such an options. Sometimes our editors must edit about 30+ nodes and select from the same media\folder\subfolderX\subfolderY. They always have to click so many times to always reach "subfolderY"... which of course is quite not editor friendly at all.

Would be really cool if you can implement this in umbraco 6.1.4.

Should I open an issue in the bugtracker?

• Bárður Joensen 7 posts 28 karma points
    Nov 11, 2014 @ 11:26
    Bárður Joensen

Any progress with this feature?

• firepol 125 posts 173 karma points
    Nov 11, 2014 @ 11:49
    firepol

No progress. I created a feature request here:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5784

Feel free to vote for it when this will be approved (a "vote" link will be available)... I hope that the umbraco dev team will consider this.

Sometimes it's a question of "philosophy" and some developers just don't agree that a feature could be very useful and as excuse  they will reply "no we are following a XYZ UI standard bla bla" ;) (no offense, I'm a developer myself... I know how it works)

But this one should be considered. Many people responsible for updating content will benefit from such a feature, in the following scenarios:

• copying/moving many nodes (to the same location)
    • selecting many nodes (from the same location)
    • selecting many pictures/media files (from the same location)
  • Bárður Joensen 7 posts 28 karma points
    Nov 16, 2014 @ 20:45
    Bárður Joensen

Will do. Thanks

• Jonas 123 posts 206 karma points
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 08:46
    Jonas

This is a really important thread!

• Remi Martel 32 posts 104 karma points
    Jun 11, 2018 @ 13:48
    Remi Martel

I would really like this feature and I don't think it has been implemented yet. I couldn't find any documentation

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft