Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arjan H. 223 posts 460 karma points c-trib
    Aug 06, 2010 @ 21:14
    Arjan H.

Bring back the right-click functionality in version 4.5

With version 4.0.x I used to just login to the backend on Firefox and right click and choose "open in new tab" on the Settings and Developer buttons. With version 4.5 I have to manually open 3 tabs in Firefox and change the #settings and #developer suffix in the url manually. This kinda sucks.

• Heather Floyd 605 posts 1004 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 25, 2010 @ 02:20
    Heather Floyd

Arjan, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this change-for-the-worse!

The difference is that in 4.0.x the icons in the section menu are rendered like this:

<a class="traycontent" title="Content" href="umbraco.aspx#content" onclick="javascript:shiftApp('content', 'Content'); return false;">

In 4.5.x it is using the "href" attribute for the javascript:

<a class="traycontent" title="Content" href="javascript:void(0);">

This might seem like a small thing, but it is so annoying that I might delay upgrading my sites unless it gets changed back.

Please Core Devs, fix this for the next release!

Thanks, Heather

• Shannon Deminick 1526 posts 5272 karma points MVP 2x
    Aug 25, 2010 @ 02:31
    Shannon Deminick

This is because 4.5 now has persistence between applications and trees. You'll find that switching between applications is extremely fast because it remembers states between your applications and trees. This was a hugely requested feature that people wanted from version 4, so we did it. You might even find that instead of having multiple tabs open that it is just as fast to just navigate between apps instead of between tabs.

I can probably update the link so that firefox recognizes this as a link to give you the context menu that you are looking for but this won't be committed until 4.5.3

Please log a bug in CodePlex for this post the link to it here so people can vote it up in CodePlex (since those are the votes that really count in regards to bug fixing).

Cheers,

Shannon

• Heather Floyd 605 posts 1004 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 25, 2010 @ 02:39
    Heather Floyd

Thanks for the fast reply, Shannon!

I look forward to seeing the speed improvements. I am just used to working a certain way (after all these years... :-) ) and it would be great especially for transitioning if the "old way" were to remain functioning.

Here it is in Codeplex: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/28655

~Heather

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft