• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1100 karma points
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 17:16
    Brendan Rice

Umbraco Editor TinyMCE default settings

Steps to reproduce

1. Open up a page with a rich text editor and add in a table
    2. Add a table with 2 columns and 8 rows and save & publish
    3. Notice that the empty TDs dissapear

This is a setting of the TinyMCE editor and have caused confusion for our clients by default should the TDs not be persisted?

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 17:20
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 17:21
    Brendan Rice

That is the one, would it make sense to have this set for a clean Umbraco install

• Dwayne A 97 posts 117 karma points
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 07:40
    Dwayne A

Experiencing the same in Umbraco 4.6.1: <td>s are removed after saving if they have no content. Obviously this bug remains an issue in tinyMC.

I have implemented hash (#td) and also tried +td. It helps, but not in IE (testing in IE8) and in FF I still need to exit the tab storing my contant and open the tab again to see the cells after saving. Others have suggested setting entity-encoding to "number" and adding cleanup-on-start to the config file, but these do not help at all.

Does anyone seriously know how to resolve this issue?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 08:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dwayne

Does it also happen you insert &nbsp; into the empty td?

/Jan

Jul 29, 2011 @ 17:06
    Brendan Rice

How can we go about getting this issue resolved in core?

I have the code to fix this issue shown below:

tinyMCEConfig.config

<validElements>

<![CDATA[+a[id|style|rel|rev|charset|hreflang|dir|lang|tabindex|accesskey|type|name|href|target|title|class|onfocus|onblur|onclick|
    ondblclick|onmousedown|onmouseup|onmouseover|onmousemove|onmouseout|onkeypress|onkeydown|onkeyup],-strong/-b[class|style],-em/-i[class|style],
    -strike[class|style],-u[class|style],#p[id|style|dir|class|align],-ol[class|style],-ul[class|style],-li[class|style],br,
    img[id|dir|lang|longdesc|usemap|style|class|src|onmouseover|onmouseout|border|alt=|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|umbracoorgwidth|umbracoorgheight|onresize|onresizestart|onresizeend|rel],
    -sub[style|class],-sup[style|class],-blockquote[dir|style],-table[border=0|cellspacing|cellpadding|width|height|class|align|summary|style|dir|id|lang|bgcolor|background|bordercolor],
    +tr[id|lang|dir|class|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|style|bgcolor|background|bordercolor],tbody[id|class],
    thead[id|class],tfoot[id|class],#td[id|lang|dir|class|colspan|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|style|bgcolor|background|bordercolor|scope],
    -th[id|lang|dir|class|colspan|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|style|scope],caption[id|lang|dir|class|style],-div[id|dir|class|align|style],
    -span[class|align],-pre[class|align|style],address[class|align|style],-h1[id|dir|class|align],-h2[id|dir|class|align],
    -h3[id|dir|class|align],-h4[id|dir|class|align],-h5[id|dir|class|align],-h6[id|style|dir|class|align],hr[class|style],
    dd[id|class|title|style|dir|lang],dl[id|class|title|style|dir|lang],dt[id|class|title|style|dir|lang],object[classid|width|height|codebase|*],
    param[name|value|_value],embed[type|width|height|src|*],map[name],area[shape|coords|href|alt|target],bdo,button]]>

</validElements>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft