Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Nov 13, 2010 @ 16:51
    Lee Kelleher

Which projects are open for collaboration?

It would be good to have a way to view which projects/packages are open for collaboration.

Currently you can only see if a project is open for collaboration if you view that page specifically.  With a little more exposure, it is possible to raise interest with developers keen to become involved.

Thanks, Lee.

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1100 karma points
    Nov 17, 2010 @ 12:16
    Brendan Rice

I agree, that is a good idea, it would also be good to get a project of the month kinda like what apple do in the app store (app of the week).

Nov 17, 2010 @ 12:18
    Lee Kelleher

Not sure how it would be best to pick the "package of the month" ... probably better to do a random selection on projects with over 15 karma points?

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1100 karma points
    Nov 17, 2010 @ 12:41
    Brendan Rice

Or you could have a staff pick or something, I think it would just be a nice way of highlighting exciting projects that get released.

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Nov 23, 2010 @ 10:59
    Chris Koiak

What about a 'Most Popular Now' based on last weeks page views or downloads?

The current 'Most Popular' is becoming exceedingly hard to get into!

I've also noticed that a link from the our.umbraco homepage greatly effects the download rate of my packages (approx 50% more). Maybe a random selection based on both downloads and karma?

Chris

Oct 10, 2011 @ 13:50
    Lee Kelleher

LOL! I'd forgotten that I had originally posted this topic. Was literally about to start a new topic called "Which projects are open for collaboration?".

Still a valid suggestion nearly a year later.

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Oct 10, 2011 @ 14:40
    Chris Koiak

Yep, I'd still like to see these suggestions incorporated into the projects page, particularly more sorting/filtering options.

I understand the reason that 'popular' is based on experienced community feedback (i.e. high karam), but there's packages on the first page that have <200 downloads. Are they really popular?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft