Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Manuel Ruiz 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jan 15, 2011 @ 20:27
    Manuel Ruiz

Website of bank using Umbraco

Hi

I would like to know if somebody have used Umbraco CMS in a website of Bank....only in Information page...not in homebanking site.

We aren't sure if we should use Umbraco CMS in this new project.

what do you think about that?

Please let me know if i shouldn't use Umbraco  in this kind of website

Thanks.

Regards from Peru.

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Jan 15, 2011 @ 20:29
    Daniel Bardi

Umbraco can be used for any type of website; Bank not excluded.

What are your concerns with using Umbraco for the website?

Are you concerned about security?

Jan 15, 2011 @ 23:17
    Manuel Ruiz

My concern with using umbraco for this website is about the massive traffic to the site.

Jan 15, 2011 @ 23:33
    Daniel Bardi

Umbraco can handle it... over 85,000 websites run Umbraco.

You should have a look here: http://umbraco.org/get-started/case-studies/sites-running-umbraco

Jan 15, 2011 @ 23:39
    Manuel Ruiz

Ok.

I worked with Tridion CMS. This CMS  have the ability to "stage" a site i.e. to create the physical site/pages seperate from the database and CMS.

Umbraco dont create a physical site/pages, This create the page on fly. Some people said that Usually staging would be done for high usabily sites where performance is critical.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 15, 2011 @ 23:40
    Kim Andersen

Hi Manuel.

When you say massive traffic how much are we talking about then?

As far as I'm concerned you shouldn't be affraid of using Umbraco for a big site with lots of traffic. There's already some very big site running on Umbraco including heinz.com, wired.co.uk, home.dk, vogue.co.jp, warnerbros.com.au etc.

A couple of months ago me and my colleagues at Kraftvaerk in Denmark launched home.dk (the biggest property site in Denmark) that has around 1.6-1.7 millions of visitors each month. And it runs smoothly.

/Kim A

Jan 15, 2011 @ 23:45
    Daniel Bardi

If by staging, you mean generating a static version of the site for review, there is a package developed for doing just that.

Jan 16, 2011 @ 05:20
    Manuel Ruiz

Hi Kim. Daniel

Now, I'm sure than I can use umbraco on the bank website. :)

Thanks for yours help.

Regards from Peru

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jan 16, 2011 @ 07:21
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Staging in Tridion is only build to let the content editors work on a part of the site which they can see online. Then when they are finished you can publish all the pages to the live site. If you want this functionality you can use Umbraco also but you need to buy Courier, a commercial extension.

When working with Tridion you will find Umbraco very easy to program against. Used Tridion in the past and switched jobs because of that ;)

Cheers,

Richard

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 16, 2011 @ 12:11
    Kim Andersen

Great to hear Manuel.

As a sidenote, Niels Hartvig mentioned at CodeMash that Umbraco should be able to scale up to about 250.000 nodes in the content tree, so if you're going to have a lot of nodes, this should not be an issue either.

/Kim A

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 16, 2011 @ 12:50
    Hendy Racher

Hi Manuel,

When Umbraco publishes a site, it pushes an XML file that is then used in memory, so XSLT / XPath based queries will be fast - they can also be cached.

I think the packages Daniel suggested are Snapshot to create a seperate ASP.NET site, and the Static HTML Export package to generate flat html files, whilst Courier allows content to be moved between Umbraco installs.

Cheers,

Hendy

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jan 16, 2011 @ 12:53
    Aaron Powell

The bank I'm currently working with is using Umbraco in an upcoming site they are developing. It will be used in a secure consumer site.

Jan 16, 2011 @ 19:20
    Manuel Ruiz

That's great that can use Snapshot  to create the physical site/pages separate from the database and CMS. I thinks the web site will run very faster.

Every time that the content editor staff update the content, we can use Snapshot  to recreate the aspx pages.

Now Umbraco CMS can works like Tridions CMS.

Can I use Courier to to create the physical site/pages like Snapshot?

Thanks a lot!

• Biagio Paruolo 1595 posts 1826 karma points c-trib
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 14:22
    Biagio Paruolo

Good Info! Why Don't you merge directly in Umbraco?

• jigar 170 posts 233 karma points
    Mar 18, 2011 @ 06:14
    jigar

Hi Manuel Ruiz,

I have used umbraco web site for live trading web site also ( with auto refreshing stuff).

Works fine for me.

Regards,

[email protected]

• lucuma 261 posts 563 karma points
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 22:13
    lucuma

Manuel, I know this is an old topic, but I'm wondering if you'd be interested in meeting.. I've got an office in Lima and am looking for more Umbraco resources or other people to discuss umbraco or form a group here.  

Se que este topic no esta actual pero me gustaria saber si te interesa en reunir para hablar de Umbraco.. Tengo oficina en Lima con proyectos en Umbraco y me gustaria hablar generalmente de Umbraco y/o del mercado aca.. 

** I edited the answer to remove my email since I was contacted.. UMBRACO - consider a way for members here to get in touch without having to publically post their email address in a forum **

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft