Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Prokein 29 posts 105 karma points
    May 09, 2011 @ 04:10
    Peter Prokein

any improvements to multi-site support in v5?

I have read a couple older threads about it such the Is there a multi-site version of Umbraco similar to Joomla Multi-site? and Member Groups and User Groups - Finer Control and I am wondering whether there will be any more progress toward those features in v5?

We are currently running three different wordpress installations, one for www.example.com/department one for department.example.com, and one for different-department.example.com.

I would really like to combine all those into a single install to make maintenance a lot easier.  However, the loss of the recycle bin when sites run off of home appears to be a very significant downside to Umbraco's current implementation of multi-sites.

BTW, seems like a bug to me that based on karma I am unable to add links to this post via canvas edit but was able to do it just fine via HTML edit.

• Peter Prokein 29 posts 105 karma points
    May 09, 2011 @ 18:00
    Peter Prokein

To answer my own question, at least when looking at the thus far published roadmap for v5 at http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/about/roadmap/umbraco-50 there's no mention of any multi-site related new feature/functionality.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft