Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean R 2 posts 53 karma points
    Jun 22, 2009 @ 08:33
    Sean R

Mark as solution?

It would be great if items could be marked as solved, so you know if a solution is possible.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jun 22, 2009 @ 08:42
    Per Ploug

You can mark an answer as a solution and reward the author with points and help out you fellow umbracian :)

• Sean R 2 posts 53 karma points
    Jun 22, 2009 @ 08:59
    Sean R

Oh great news, thanks!

• Max Eriksson 44 posts 43 karma points
    Jun 23, 2009 @ 16:48
    Max Eriksson

If I want to set solved to my own thread, how do I do then? E.g I'am the only one that has posted in it...

See this thread to see what I mean.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/questions-about-runway-and-modules/2473-mttGallery---can%27t-get-fancybox-function-working

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Jun 23, 2009 @ 21:21
    Simon Dingley

I agree with Max that there is sometimes a need to cater for this situation as I also sometimes end up solving my own problems and posting the solution however I can see it being open to abuse to get more karma ;)

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2009 @ 22:34
    Chris Houston

I think the simple answer to prevent abuse would be to allow the original authors to mark their own follow up post as the solution.

I would not see the author as receiving any Karma for actually solving their own problem, but I think Karma being received due to others voting it as being a useful solution seems fair.

Personally I would expect the author to receive negative Karma if people vote negatively to the "solution". I.e. If you write a question and then just leave an empty post as the solution, it's not very helpful to anyone who might read the post in the future. A solution really needs to be descriptive as to how the problem was solved, even if you solved it yourself, IMHO.

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 30, 2009 @ 00:37
    Peter Gregory

Agree I think it would be good that if you are able to solve your own issues that you should be able to set a post as resolved even when you were the author but without an increase in karma.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jun 30, 2009 @ 14:57
    Per Ploug

Very good point Chris, Will see what can be done

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jun 30, 2009 @ 15:37
    Aaron Powell

Chris - that's how they go about it on http://stackoverflow.com and how I think is a good way to do it

• Heather Floyd 604 posts 1002 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 25, 2009 @ 01:22
    Heather Floyd

Yes, I would like to be able to mark my own problems as solved - even if just so that others don't waste time reading the thread thinking that I still need help...

~Heather

• Alex Campbell 47 posts 69 karma points
    Nov 17, 2010 @ 17:51
    Alex Campbell

I'm getting emails about marking posts as being the solution to my threads and issues but when I  started it I can't mark the right post as the solution.

Just thought I would bump this to see if there has been any movement.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft