Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Evan Jardine 108 posts 168 karma points
    Jun 25, 2009 @ 01:50
    Evan Jardine

Use Twitter Avatar

Hey

I have added my twitter alias into my profile and my avatar comes up next to it.  When I go to set it as my avatar I get a message that it can't be found and to add my alias in my profile.

Not sure if this is a bug or to do with the fact that my updates are protected? Any ideas?

Cheers

Evan

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jun 25, 2009 @ 09:36
    Warren Buckley

Hey Evan,
    Try switching to a Gravtar and saving that first then go back and update it to your twitter profile and see if that works.

Remember to force a referesh as you may see a cached version.

Warren

• Ian Huntington 23 posts 53 karma points
    Jun 25, 2009 @ 17:18
    Ian Huntington

I cannot get my Twitter avatar :( I'm currently the mad moose apparently when I should have a wonderful pac-man-esque ghost icon I just specially made. When I enter my Twitter name into the Profile page it does flash the correct image next to the text box but on the Avatar page I get the moose. I tried Warren's suggestion above but that doesn't seem to make any difference, for me at any rate.

Thanks

Jun 25, 2009 @ 17:28
    Warren Buckley

Hmm tried it with twitter updates unprotected just to see if that is the problem - my guess is that its highly likely.

Another suggestion is that you could use Gravatar www.gravatar.com which is a more universal thing on blogs and such by associating an image with an email address.

Jun 25, 2009 @ 17:29
    Warren Buckley

As I have just posted this message - I CAN see your profile picture Ian of a red pacman ghost upside down. Have you definately forced your cahce CTRL + F5?

Jun 25, 2009 @ 17:32
    Ian Huntington

It now seems to be working correctly. You may have also noticed my username has changed to my real one, sadly alas. I thought it was probably time.

Jun 25, 2009 @ 17:35
    Warren Buckley

What did you do to solve it, so Evan can know what to do and then mark the topic as solved.

Jun 25, 2009 @ 18:03
    Ian Huntington

It just seem to correct itself after I updated my profile data in Twitter but I don't see how that should have corrected the problem because the previous profile information matched. Perhaps a quirk at Twitters end may be?

Jun 26, 2009 @ 00:55
    Evan Jardine

I've got it working,

- Removed Twitter alias in my profile, saved

- added twitter alias back in, saved

- set Gravatar then set twitter avatar Ctr +F5 a few times

I had to do the last step a few times and then it just appeared...

Thanks

Evan

Jun 26, 2009 @ 09:15
    Warren Buckley

OK, Evan have you reported it as a bug over in the bug forum of our.umbraco.org with steps to reproduce. So that the guys can take a look into it and fix it.

• Stephan Lonntorp 195 posts 212 karma points
    Jun 26, 2009 @ 09:37
    Stephan Lonntorp

I think it's re-saving your profile that does the trick. However, the preview of the twitter image is of a blue cartoon with its brains popping out of its head, not a preview of your actual twitter image...

Jun 29, 2009 @ 00:08
    Evan Jardine

Added solution to the Bugs section.

Cheers

Evan

• Damian Green 452 posts 1433 karma points
    Apr 09, 2014 @ 23:49
    Damian Green

im still getting this almost 5 years later! Tried alsorts and cannot get it to pick up my twitter image or even a webcam image.

:(

Stuck with the stupid pink thing.  Anyone know how to sort this?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 08:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Damian

Yeah, I had the same frustration. I changed my Twitter avatar a year ago and it was never picked up. I think it's due to changes in the Twitter API and unfortunately there has been no time to make changes to the integration on our.

However I managed to change my avatar by using my gravatar instead. And you also have the option to upload an image I think.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 10, 2014 @ 10:29
    Damian Green

Hi Jan

Yeah i ended up doing the same thing and using gravatar also.  Doesnt seem to have updated on here though - will see what shows after i add this post. :)

Damian

Apr 10, 2014 @ 10:32
    Damian Green

Yay! Took a few attempts but looks like its finally updated! :)

Goodbye Mr pink thing - whatever it was! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft