Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesper Ordrup 1019 posts 1528 karma points MVP
    Jun 29, 2009 @ 12:40
    Jesper Ordrup

New forum?

Should we have a forum dedicated to discussing bugs? If I'm getting it right, the "our.umb.dev.forum.bugs" is only about bugs in our.umbraco.org?

There's always codeplex but this is more a developer2developer take on bug issues? Having a bugs forum would make it easier to discuss and qualify bugs before entering codeplex.

/jesper

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jun 29, 2009 @ 13:30
    Aaron Powell

I think that bugs about Umbraco should only be on Codeplex. This way we don't have as many duplicates and it also makes it easier to work out what to include in each release, we can see what is being highest voted.

I also like the idea of checking in code against a particular bug, which is harder if the bugs are here.

• Jesper Ordrup 1019 posts 1528 karma points MVP
    Jun 29, 2009 @ 14:47
    Jesper Ordrup

Hi Slace,

I think that codeplex is for developers. I don't wanna duplicate bug reporting. I just want to give all Umbraco users/developers/designers/webmasters an easier way of ask about bugs and figure out if there's something to report. Bug reporting could stay in codeplex. Reporting could be done with some clever little integration like if there's a bug then fine - then a posting can be "transferred" to codeplex and marked as a bug in the forum.

I think that people will do bug related discussions in these forums because it's much easier than discussing them on codeplex. I think that there's a chance that more bugs will be reported.

/Jesper

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 29, 2009 @ 14:54
    Dirk De Grave

Agree with Jesper as some 'bugs' are not exactly bugs but rather a combo of specific situations which sometimes cause non expected behaviour. It's always nice to report those and ask community first if others have experienced the same issue. If they have, there's a stronger case to have those reported on Codeplex (and reproducable) and get 'm fidex asap (And avoid sunxray like posts as 'umbraco is not working')

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jun 29, 2009 @ 16:32
    Niels Hartvig

Bug discussions goes here in Our - this is what people know. So far it has worked just fine that when a bug is confirmed in this forum someone ask to create it as an issue on CodePlex.

We've removed the discussion tab from our CodePlex page for the very same reasons (the very slow UX on Codeplex - at least here in Europe - doesn't make it better).

• Hywel Bromby 33 posts 63 karma points
    Aug 24, 2009 @ 15:16
    Hywel Bromby

Hi

would like to start a new thread on the forum, but am having trouble finding a n"new thread" link - am i just being dumb?

Hywel

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 24, 2009 @ 15:39
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Hywel,

Please do not post your questions twice. it's kind of confusing... answer in your other post.

• Pramod 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 17, 2011 @ 08:16
    Pramod

I have no idea to create a forum . I have an issue regadring insert content from sql server . Please Help me

I am very new to umbraco. I was trying to insert content using Sql server . I have inserted the values in the following tables

umbracoNode

cmsContent

cmsContentVersion

cmsPreiviewXml

cmsDocument

cmsPropertyData.

when I inserted the data in the table UI Content Of aplicaition goes invisible.

Can any one suggest, what i am doing wrong here.

• Richard Soeteman 4036 posts 12864 karma points MVP
    Jan 17, 2011 @ 08:41
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Think this is off topic for this forum. But when inserting data you should use the Umbraco API, not tables directly. Think the best way to learn the API is to use the video's online. Thsi si a paid subscription http://umbraco.org/products/umbracotv 

Furthermore there is a Forum Package which works out of the box.

Cheers,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft