Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesper Ordrup 1019 posts 1528 karma points MVP
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 12:35
    Jesper Ordrup

Favorites on our

Hello gents,

Just a quick suggestion for a new feature: maintain favorites on our. Loads of brilliant stuff like forum postings, fabulous projects and Wiki stuff are discovered each week. Sadly for me I sometimes forget about some of them again. 

Sure I could add it to my browser bookmarks. But it's not the same.  Compare it to your favorites on codeplex. It just more intuitive. Other benifits would be to share your favorite collection on your our profile. Think of it as getting up to speed on what's hot. 

Favorites are different than from what you've voted on - you'll probably have more stuff voted on than you activly use and favorite. Both views would be cool. 

What do you think?

/Jesper Ordrup

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 12:40
    Jeroen Breuer

Great idea! You can already subscribe on forum topics. I do that a lot. If you go to your profile to the tab Notifications you can see what you subscribed to. Works better than bookmarks :).

Jeroen

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 12:49
    Niels Hartvig

That's a really cool idea, Jesper!

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 12:50
    Dirk De Grave

@Jesper

YES! +1000, and top mist rated favorites could go into wiki automagically (maybe that last thing is a bit complex...)

@Jeroen -> Subscribing is fine, but don't want loads of emails of topics i'm not interested in, just interested in some posts and/or comments which are to the point  and that you want to remember the next time you search for solutions to problems you know been answered before

Just my 0.02$

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 13:15
    Lee Kelleher

Great idea, would definitely use that feature!!

Along the same lines, throwing another suggestion out there... auto-discovery, highlighting topics, wiki articles with a certain number of votes ... example, a few of us started a discussion about using SignalR in the back-office - think more people would be interested in getting involved - starting topic got 4 votes (which I think is a lot for a topic) ... once it's off the front-page, it's "lost", which is a shame.

Cheers, Lee

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft