Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten Jensen 41 posts 104 karma points
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 17:24
    Morten Jensen

How about a MultipleContentPicker macro parameter?

I am desperately missing af macro parameter which allows me to picker multiple items from the content tree in a macro?

I have search the forum+Google and can't seem to find a solution for this.

How are you folks doing without the parameter type?

My usecase is that a want a flexible macro to show small "teasers" for a different number of pages(nodes) based on the users choosing. It is a feature which is used on different spots on the site. To do this a MultipleContentPicker would be awesome.

I am using Umbraco 6.

• Ali Sheikh Taheri 470 posts 1648 karma points c-trib
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 18:28
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

Hi Jacob,

If you are using Umbraco 6 why are you using Macro? you should be using view and controller. are you using MVC mode or WebForm?

it is not best practice to use any of those datatypes as it outputs the IDs of content on the page and if you have mutliple environment (develpoment, staging server) then each might have different id.

I would suggest to have a field in that document type that uses Multiple Node Picker then read that fields and pass it as parameter.

Cheers

Ali

Jun 25, 2013 @ 22:19
    Morten Jensen

@Ali i thought about that, but i use macros as "widgets".. Small containers of reusable functions which can be used across the website by the users themself.

I am using MVC mode, but mostly because of the views features (partial views ect) i am not building any custom models (yet).

Aug 16, 2013 @ 14:18
    Morten Jensen

Anyone else have some thougts on this matter?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft