Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Kristiansen 166 posts 382 karma points
    May 30, 2014 @ 12:54
    Niels Kristiansen

Idea: Package with uncss to "compress" CSS even more

Hi everybody,

I worked a lot with Twitter Bootstrap on my projects in Umbraco (mostly using LESS) which is both good and bad. The good part is you can get a site up running much faster with a responsive design. The bad part is the CSS/JS is not as compact and normally you use aprox. 10-15% of the full framework when the project is done.

Here is the idea for a package to Umbraco. I saw that a guy have build up a small product called uncss on github, that will clean up your css, so a Twitter Bootstrap around 120kb, can be "compressed" to aprox. 11kb by removing all the stuff you don't need and use for the website to run correct. If you afterwards run ex. Optimus for the minify, you can compress it even more and the speed improvements on your website will be awesome.

This processes in uncss can be done automatically, which means you can run a full site working with Twitter Bootstrap as normal and don't have to think about optimize and remove code yourself. This is also usefull if you don't know if you need som code i Bootstrap later on, then leave it all as is, and let the system take care of it.

I don't have the experience or knowledge to build this package myself as a frontend designer, that's why I hope someone find this "challenge" and package as useful as I see it.

Kind regards,

Niels

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft