Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 07:32
    Craig Cronin

Search results within specific categories on our?

I could be doing something wrong but the search results seems to give you two options.

1. You can either select the category where you are shown all results within that category and have to navigate through
    2. You can use the search box which seems to give you the results based across the whole site.

What I thought would happen, is that I would select the category, and then type the relevant search term in the search box and have a filtered results based on term and category, but this doesn't seem to happen.

It looks like it searches the whole site again, is this the case, am I missing something?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 07:48
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Craig,

It seems that it it searches the whole site again. What would be nice of you, is if you want to add it to the issue tracker, and describe what you did and what you expect.

Basically just take what you have written in this post. You can add the issue / feature request here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/OUR

/Dennis

Jun 25, 2015 @ 09:06
    Craig Cronin

Thanks dennis, just checking that I wasn't doing something wrong. Will log an issue now.

Jun 25, 2015 @ 09:13
    Craig Cronin

Hi Dennis,

It looks like that was an issue on the old site and that its been reported as a feature request. http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/OUR-19

It used to be a little easier because you could see the forum urls in the results but this has disappeared in the new version so I'm encouraging colleague to vote for it.

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft