Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ethan Wise 15 posts 85 karma points
    Nov 23, 2015 @ 11:56
    Ethan Wise

Embedding a webpage

I am editing a website using umbraco v4.8 and am trying to embed another webpage as an object box or iframe box on a created webpage. when using iframe nothing appears, when using the < object > i get the box that i want but it is just white and my webpage url that i put within doesnt load up

any help with this would be great

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 23, 2015 @ 12:50
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ethan and welcome to our :-),

The way that I would solve this problem is by using a text string or a multiple text string as the datatype, where the user can add the code from the iframe.

Then you can decide if the user should add the whole iframe code snippet or just the url of the page, they want to iframe.

If you decide to use the whole iframe code in the field, then you need to unencoded value, in the language that you are using to get data out from your Umbraco installation.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Nov 23, 2015 @ 13:05
    Ethan Wise

Hi Dennis,

Sorry i am very new to this and have been passed this task, i am very novice when it comes to working with umbraco and have very limited coding knowledge!

I found a help topic as to how to allow iframes in umbraco, and i followed this creating a XSLT file and then creating a macro from that, then the only bit that stumps me here is it then says go to the content section and find the content you want to add the macro too ( i do this) and then it says click the macro button, and now i know im novice but i am pretty sure there is no macro button!

where am i going wrong?

Thanks,

Ethan

Nov 23, 2015 @ 13:17
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ethan,

Okay let me see if I can help you out then.

If you want to use the macro in one of your templates, then you need to click the button on the screenshot below.

enter image description here

If you want to use the macro inside a rich text editor, then you will need to make sure that the macro can be used in the rich text editor, by check the check box on this screenshot.

When this is set, then you can add the macro inside of your rich text editor, by clicking the button on the screenshot below.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Nov 23, 2015 @ 13:34
    Ethan Wise

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for this, so i have done all of that, except for the final bit i go back to the content rich text editor and this button that you point to does not exist for meenter image description here

Nov 23, 2015 @ 13:39
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ethan,

Okay did your user in Umbraco backoffice have access to the developer section. If you have, then you need to

1. Go to the developer section.
    2. Open up the data types folder,
    3. Find data type for the richtext editor, maybe a special created data type with a special name.

And the add the macro button option to the rich text editor and save it again.

If you don´t have access to the developer section, then you will need to get in touch with a user that have administrator rights on the solution, then he or she can give you access to the developer section.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Nov 23, 2015 @ 14:02
    Ethan Wise

Thanks dennis, i have done this all good and in the richtext editor it all appearsfine i save it and then click to preview the page i have create and get this error? enter image description here

Nov 23, 2015 @ 14:27
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ethan,

The thing that is wrong here is that you are adding the macro before the

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/masterpages/Site.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

This line above should be the first line of the page.

You will need to be sure that it´s rendering in the

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Nov 23, 2015 @ 14:31
    Ethan Wise

Hi Dennis,

Sorry for being annoying, but how do i change this then? is this done in the XSLT code?

Thanks

Nov 23, 2015 @ 14:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ethan,

I can see it´s being added to times, this line of code below.

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/masterpages/Site.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

Try to go to the settings section and open up the templates folder. In there find the file with the name StandardPage.

Hope this helps,

Nov 23, 2015 @ 14:54
    Ethan Wise

Ahhh thank you so much for the help dennis, i have got it showing now!

However just before you go, its a very small box and when i change the dimensions nothing changes? how can i make this bigger?

Nov 23, 2015 @ 15:09
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ethan,

Great that you have solve it to show up now. So your Iframe is not 640 x 640 px right now?

Does it any different if you change does numbers, is it getting bigger or smaller?

/Dennis

Nov 23, 2015 @ 15:20
    Ethan Wise

No my frame is very small at the moment, the picture below shows this and i basically want it to stretch the length of the yellow line i have tried changing the size by right clicking and going to edit embedded content i haven't tried editing it in the templates folder file, and nothing changes the size!enter image description here

Nov 23, 2015 @ 15:44
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ethan,

How does the code look like in your XSLT file, maybe you need to change something in there.

If you could post the code, then I think I will be easier for people to help you the last step :-)

/Dennis

Nov 23, 2015 @ 15:47
    Ethan Wise

sure,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft