Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 18, 2016 @ 14:43
    Simon

Multiple culture/hostnames on same node

Hi,

Does any of you have any experience with use of multiple cultures and hostnames/domains for the same contentnode in Umbraco?

I'm creating a documentation area on a website, that has to show multiple files in different categories. The structure is created with nodes in the content tree and every node has to show files from the media archive.

The structure could look something like this:

Documentation

• Category 1 (level 2)
    • Category 2 (level 2)
      • Category 2.1 (level 3)
      • Category 2.2 (level 3)
        • Category 2.2.1 (level 4)
      • Category 2.3 (level 3)
    • Category 3 (level 2)

I want to be able to translate the documentation area (menu, headlines, names etc), but as the structure and content (the files) has to be identical on all languages I don't want to create the structure and the files 1 time for each language - I only want to create them once, though I have 4 languages.

I'm imagining that translations can be done via. dictionary items. I want to add multiple domains/hostnames (and cultures) to the documentation node so that when you access the page from danishexample.com/documentation, the language would be danish and if you access the page from germanexample.com/documentation the language would be german.

Is it possible to do it in this way?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft