Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niklas Hjelm 104 posts 125 karma points
    Mar 27, 2016 @ 08:05
    Niklas Hjelm

Cannot clear XML cache for tags

Hi, I'm having a real trouble clearing my xml cache for tags. I've tried most things including touching the web.config, republishing with xml set to true and publishing all pages manually. Nothing works and I keep getting old tags that don't have content any longer. Where does it get the tagnames from and how can I fix this? All help appreciated. Here is my code snippet.

@inherits umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNodeContext
    @using umbraco.MacroEngines;
    @using Tags = umbraco.editorControls.tags;
    @{
        var rawTagXml = Tags.library.getAllTagsInGroup("default").Current.InnerXml;
        var articleTags = new DynamicXml(rawTagXml);
        if (articleTags.Any())
        {
    <div id="loadingDiv">Laddar</div>
         <ul class="taggListning">
             <li><a href="javascript:void(0)" class="tag senaste">Visa senaste</a></li>
            @foreach (var tag in articleTags)
            {     
                   <li><a rel="tag" title="@tag.InnerText" class="tag @tag.InnerText" href="javascript:void(0)">@tag.InnerText</a></li>
            }
            </ul>
        }      
    }

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 27, 2016 @ 09:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Niklas

Can you change the text of other fields on the site without them being cached too aggressively too?

Do the tags re-appear if you go to the /App_Data/ folder and delete the umbraco.config file? (It will be re-created automatically when you save and publish or do other things like visiting the site etc.).

If so I think it's either an issue with the tags datatype or perhaps related to some macro caching? Or custom caching?

Has there been setup a caching interval on the macro?

/Jan

• Niklas Hjelm 104 posts 125 karma points
    Mar 27, 2016 @ 10:44
    Niklas Hjelm

Hi Jan, the tags do appear when I delete the config so I'm guessing it has something todo with the tags datatype since the macro doesn't have any caching set to it. Very strange. I can change text on other fields without problem, it's just for the tags.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft