Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Silvan Egger 28 posts 200 karma points
    Apr 11, 2016 @ 09:36
    Silvan Egger

Hi together

Everytime i try to delete a media type in the settings section i get this Error:

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to retrieve content type

I went to the App_Data/TEMP/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt and found this error:

2016-04-11 11:28:27,136 [P10504/D5/T64] ERROR Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - Database exception occurred
    System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException (0x80004005): The key cannot be deleted. The key to be deleted is already deleted from an index by another concurrent session.
       at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
       at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommandText(IntPtr& pCursor, Boolean& isBaseTableCursor)
       at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options)
       at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass1.<ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry>b__0()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy cmdRetryPolicy, RetryPolicy conRetryPolicy)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy retryPolicy)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry(IDbCommand command)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Execute(String sql, Object[] args)

This error happens with every Media Type i have (custom and default ones) when I try to delete one.

But i can still do everything else like adding or removing properties, renaming or creating an item of the type in the media section.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do, that i can delete these media types?

EDIT: When i create a new media type, then I'm able to delete it. I only get an error when i try to delete an old media type.

Greets, Silvan

• David 5 posts 88 karma points
    Apr 11, 2016 @ 22:41
    David

I've had a similar issue with doctypes in the past. The resolution was to first remove ALL properties from the doctype and then delete the doctype. Might be worth trying the same thing with your media types??

Apr 12, 2016 @ 07:57
    Silvan Egger

Doesn't work.

I removed all Properties, Tabs and Compositions. The Media Type is not in a hierarchical order. I deactivated the list view and there are no child types allowed.

So everything is removed and deactivated.

Any other suggestions?

Apr 14, 2016 @ 07:44
    Silvan Egger

Should I search the Media Type in the database and delete the entries?

Is this a good idea?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft