Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sylvester 6 posts 87 karma points
    Apr 23, 2016 @ 08:55
    Sylvester

Umbraco Full Text search - How do I customize the macro fields? Its shows only one result

Hi,

I am using Umbraco Full text search in My project. I have successfully installed the plugin and could able to get the page to search. But my search results are not showing all the matched pages. Its showing only one.

where I have to add my document type alias(text box alias, text area alias, page template alias) name so that it will get search?

Also where I can edit the macro parameters of full text search? When I debug the parameter values are coming empty.

*Note : As I have read one of the post its compatible with V7, I am using this. Mine is 7.4.3.*

below is my config file settings.

ExamineIndex.config

<IndexSet SetName="FullTextIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/FullText/">
        <IndexAttributeFields>
          <add Name="id" />
          <add Name="nodeName" />
          <add Name="nodeTypeAlias" />
        </IndexAttributeFields>
        <IndexUserFields>
          <!-- my propertyalias names in the page-->
          <add Name="homeText" />
          <add Name="leftContentDescription" />
        </IndexUserFields>
        <IncludeNodeTypes>
          <!-- my propertyalias names of the page-->
          <add Name="master" />
          <add Name="homeTemplate" />
          <add Name="RightImageTemplate" />
        </IncludeNodeTypes>
        <ExcludeNodeTypes />
      </IndexSet>

ExamineSettings.config

<Examine>
      <ExamineIndexProviders>
        <providers>     
          <add name="FullTextIndexer" type="Governor.Umbraco.FullTextSearch.Providers.FullTextContentIndexer, Governor.Umbraco.FullTextSearch" runAsync="true" supportUnpublished="false" supportProtected="false" interval="10" analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" enableDefaultEventHandler="true" indexSet="FullTextIndexSet" />
        </providers>
      </ExamineIndexProviders>
      <ExamineSearchProviders defaultProvider="ExternalSearcher">
        <providers>     
          <add name="FullTextSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine" analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" indexSet="FullTextIndexSet" />
        </providers>
      </ExamineSearchProviders>
    </Examine>

result enter image description here

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    Apr 26, 2016 @ 13:59
    Claushingebjerg

I think we're out of luck.

i've tried getting a repsonse several times: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/full-text-search/suggestions/76534-74-grid-support

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/full-text-search/bugs/74717-search-is-not-working-properly-using-full-text-search

But no response.

I tried contacting the author @governortech on Twitter. No response. So, as far as i see we're out of luck with a working search package for 7.4 :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft