Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vinoj Kumar 11 posts 31 karma points
    Apr 25, 2016 @ 06:15
    Vinoj Kumar

Umbraco Publish At Feature not working

Umbraco Publish at Feature not working on version 7.2.8. Can any one please help. In log I am getting the below error. 2016-04-25 07:03:46,011 [119] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - [P10908/T96/D17] Failed (at "http://www.xxx.com:80/umbraco"). System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx:xx:xx:xxx:80 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.

I am having two servers staging and live. In staging it seems to work fine. The issue is with the live server

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Apr 25, 2016 @ 09:02
    Kevin Jump

Hi

It might be that the server can't find the address.

You need to make sure that the live server knows it's own address. depending on how the servers own DNS is setup you can sometimes get servers that don't know their own address, or that of the load balanced name.

I would add the host name to the .hosts file in windows\system32\drivers\etc and then check locally on the server that you can load the site in a browser.

there is also some stuff in the docs about scheduled tasks on load balancers that might help https://our.umbraco.org/Documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/Load-Balancing/traditional

Kevin

Apr 29, 2016 @ 04:52
    Vinoj Kumar

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. Load Balancing is not implemented . Also, I am unable to view the website in browser on the server. Could you please help on the same? I tried to add the hostname to .hosts file but of no use

Apr 29, 2016 @ 07:42
    Kevin Jump

hi

yeah if the server can't resolve it's own url that might be the cause.

The .hosts file thing should work - try putting the loopback address into the host file as that will point the server back at itself.

something like.

127.0.0.1                 hostname.com

Apr 29, 2016 @ 08:52
    Vinoj Kumar

Hi Kevin,

The .hosts file doesn't seem to work. But, the Publish At Feature is working after adding the below code in umbracoSettings.config

baseUrl="LocalIP/umbraco" in Scheduled Tasks

But, can you please help me out on the site not loading on server issue as well. I am keen to know the actual issue as in my staging server without this code it seems to work fine.

Apr 29, 2016 @ 09:07
    Kevin Jump

hi

When you look at the site on the server, what is the browser returning? are you getting a DNS error (so the site can't be found) or is it a server error (like 404 or YSOD?)

Apr 29, 2016 @ 09:11
    Vinoj Kumar

Hi,

It shows page cannot be displayed. But, it runs if I give the local IP of the server

Apr 29, 2016 @ 09:20
    Kevin Jump

yeah

that is name resolving on the server

if you open a command prompt and do

ping [yourhostname] 

you probably don't get anytthing? also

nslookup [yourhostname] ?

its not uncommon for live servers not to know their own web address but usually the entry in the .hosts file solves. this (just double check it - and try ping again) .

Short of that then you could find out what DNS the server is using and get an entry added to that, but that would be odd (and potentially have knock on effects).

the site is working fine, its just not seeing itself you should have no problems, unless you then put additional sites on the server then the local-ip setting might not work because you will have host headers directing traffic inside of iis.

Apr 29, 2016 @ 09:42
    Vinoj Kumar

When I give "ping hostname" in cmd, its successful. But, in browser the page doesnot load and also when I give 127.0.0.1 in browser it gives HTTP 404 NOT FOUND error

Jun 28, 2016 @ 09:30
    Vinoj Kumar

Hi Kevin, I am getting the below error on my log . Can you please help on the same. ERROR dashboardUtilities.FeedProxy - [P19520/T1/D2] Exception occurred System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at dashboardUtilities.FeedProxy.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Jun 29, 2016 @ 09:14
    Kevin Jump

Hi not sure about the second one,

but if you can ping the hostname, but not view it then it's likely the host name is not set up on the server (in IIS).

if you go to the site in IIS Manager, right click and go to bindings you should see a list of names against the site.

if the hostname isn't there then click add and enter the name in the box (leave the http, IP address, and port stuff as is), when you save out of these dialog boxes the site should respond to the hostname.

without this the server doesn't know what to do with the hostname when it gets it.

Kevin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft