Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Sylvester 6 posts 87 karma points
    May 04, 2016 @ 13:25
    Sylvester
    1

    "Invalid column name 'controlId'.". when I try to restore my local db in server sql server

    Hi,

    Today I have tried to publish all my local development copy to the server. But After I have uploaded my code when i try to run the project,

    I have got invalid object name "umbracoUser". Then I restored my local db to main (run the sql script in the empty server database) , it asked for Umbraco update. when i clicked continue its throwing error as "Invalid column name 'controlId'." When i checked the local db there is no column with ControlId.

    Does anyone know what i am doing it wrong here?

  • Bill 43 posts 64 karma points
    Jul 22, 2016 @ 11:14
    Bill
    0

    I'm getting this too - did you figure it out please?

    Cheers

    Bill

  • Bill 43 posts 64 karma points
    Sep 13, 2016 @ 12:04
    Bill
    0

    If this is useful to anyone - clearing browser cookies fixed this

  • MrFlo 148 posts 389 karma points
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 15:58
    MrFlo
    0

    Clearing cookies is not fixing this for me. Any other ideas? Umbraco 7.3.5

  • MrFlo 148 posts 389 karma points
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 16:19
    MrFlo
    2

    The REAL solution is to remove the umbraco version number in web.config and rerun Install

  • mcgrph 13 posts 103 karma points
    Jun 20, 2018 @ 07:52
    mcgrph
    0

    This actually fixed it for me ... I've searched a good 4 hours to come to this solution while trying everything else which was recommended before.

  • Bill 43 posts 64 karma points
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 16:31
    Bill
    0

    I can assure you that I fixed my issue without having to re-run the installler. Clearing cookies solved it for me. I have seen the issue again on a separate installation and this fix worked there too.

    Maybe you didn't have the REAL problem? ;)

  • MrFlo 148 posts 389 karma points
    Sep 26, 2016 @ 17:20
    MrFlo
    0

    Hi Bill, I had the real problem ;-) on the production server may be it's not the same version I'm on 7.3.5 and exactly the same error message. The only solution was the above. It's strange anyway that it's launching the install when you migrate the site.

  • rob 75 posts 170 karma points
    Nov 30, 2017 @ 10:55
    rob
    0

    Had this issue after a DB restore.

    Initially got an error about SQL permissions.

    The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'umbracoMigration', database 'MYDBUSER', schema 'dbo'.
    

    Fixed that, then got the above error.

    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'controlId'.
    

    Tried lots of things including removing all cookies.

    Final fix was to restart the app pool. Strangely, we also had to restart the app pools on all the distributed umbraco servers as well as the master.

  • Alex Skrypnyk 4888 posts 17641 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 07, 2018 @ 14:24
    Alex Skrypnyk
    0

    App pool restart helped me with this problem :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft